Monday, March 4, 2019

Monday

Well, it's almost syringe time for Biscuit.  I am not going to argue about his care, I feel confident with what I am doing at present.  I may buy one of those "running water" fountains for the cats but aside from that they are all well cared for. 

Let me pull up his dose.  When I got up, I found him behind my computer chair.  He looked really cute and I would have hated to dose him there.  I want to dose him in neutral areas.  I went and pulled up the dose.  He followed me into the hall.  I grabbed him and did him.  He slobbered a lot after his dose, he does that, but he forgave me pretty quick as always. 

I fed him, did the water, cleaned 4 boxes, we are good for a while.  If that's all his urine in the front room boxes he is doing QUITE well.  Nice big rocks. 

Anyway, last night I made a decision.  I was lying in bed on my pillows and my neck was bothering me.  I thought "I get a headache whenever I sleep, maybe the pillow has something to do with it".  So I got out an alternative pillow I bought years ago and tried that instead.  It took a little adjustment but my morning headache was much better.  May it be that easy to fix! 

Torbie has been very cuddly of late.  She's a good girl and I love her.  I am having a problem with her wanting to eat the prescription diet food. 

One note only about wet vs dry food, Biscuit did not have his troubles until I tried a new wet formula.  He was fine eating only dry, but the "new" wet must have pushed him over the edge.  I will not discuss this anymore. 

So I am thinking about getting Torbie the Royal Canin "Old cat" formula.  https://www.royalcanin.com/us/cats/products/retail-products/aging-spayed-neutered-12-dry-adult-cat-food  I will ask my vet about it.  Vet wasn't crazy to hear I had my gang on Blue Wilderness.  But at least it wasn't one of the cheapo brands. 

We went to work, it was pretty busy because Ron did not give me long.  I worried about Biscuit, but he met us at the door and then peed for me (in his box, like a good boy) a little later.  I took a short nap.  Torbie climbed on top of me and purred, clawing at my face (batting my face with claws out), if I stopped petting.  She eventually let me go and went into her igloo.  She is very cute. 

Biscuit hung out on the floor, near my bed, but not anywhere near where I'd step on him.  He's a smart boy. 

I fed everyone on demand as they asked.  Each cat ate about what Doc said they should get for one day, so I expect to see weight loss. 

Time to get ready: we got dressed and got ready to see Ron's doc.  Some yard guys were working on #2.  I thought it was funny, when they moved in yard work was the young man's (not on the lease according to the landlady) job.  Well, we are pretty sure he moved out, and now yard guys doing "his" work.  So almost certainly he did move out. 

Ron made some comments about illegals loud enough that the driver could hear him.  The driver who had been talking to us in a heavy spanish accent.  I tried to get him to shut up, but he didn't get what I was saying. 

As a result, the driver took the longest, bumpiest route possible to get to the office.  I was so happy to get off!  Once I got Ron away from the vehicle, I told him she had been mexican.  He was a little sheepish but not remorseful. 

We were almost an hour early.  They were nice about letting us wait.  Ron gave a urine sample and they put us in room 4.  Normally we are in 2. 

I had given up on nagging Ron to make the appointment to [just fed Torbie, who went right over to the water bowl afterward :p ] get his MRI done.  He did not get it done.  He didn't even make the appointment. 

I warned him he could be fired as a patient if he did not.  That freaked him out but I hadn't seen any action.  Then Biscuit got sick (I keep wanting to call him Frosty, that's the name of the cat who died of this exact condition back in 2009), and I got caught up in cat care and tending. 

Today, while waiting, he suddenly decided to make the appointment before Doc came into the exam room.  He did that.  He had to hand the phone over a few times for things like "Do you have any implants?" but this is the healthcare system who handled him after the accident.  They would be able to pull anything up on their computer.  It's all in there.  I remember his chart was about 5 inches thick by the time he left. 

So, he, on his own - with NO prompting, did it.  Doc came in and they talked for a little bit.  Doc said go and actually [get the damned thing done already] do it.  Ron promised he would.  We go in a couple of weeks. 

Appointment done, Ron called Arturo.  Arturo got there pretty fast considering.  We went through a drive through that is literally on the way home. 

We got home, Ron drank and went to bed.  I took care of the cats. 

I am proud of myself, I have been taking my medication very responsibly in spite of some bad headaches, weird hours, and stress over Biscuit.  Not to mention running the business, Ron-care, etc.  But I have gotten it done, thank God. 

It's early but I am going to bed.  I need to dose Biscuit around 6-7 AM ideally so I will get up and do that.  After my shower, I plan to go to Walmart and get a new pair of work boots.  My old boots are killing my feet all of a sudden.  I have had them for at least a year so it is time. 

I just hope I can find a decent pair tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not using magnets anymore? I thought maybe Ron would use them instead of alcohol.

Heather Knits said...

Ron doesn't like when I take the magnets off, but I will ask him. I am very curious to see what this MRI shows and what can be done for it (not surgery).