Friday, March 29, 2019

Thank you for helping the handicapped!

It has been an interesting day so far. 

I woke up at 6.  Ron mocked me for going to bed early but I was up early, too.  I took a shower, cleaned the litter box, ate, took my pills, etc. 

Ron woke up and I got him ready.  We were going to the bank.  We had the driver who is always late.  Some of it is playing games.  Some of it, he is a very large man and always seems to have fresh snacks on the console.  I believe he makes a lot of pit stops.  But, going to our drop off, it was apparent he was taking wrong turns just to try to get a rise out of me. . He had a GPS giving accurate information.  I did not react.  He stopped on his own.  But he showed a real lack of logical thinking in how things could work, that pulling up to the ramp would have been much faster unloading for Ron vs. pulling into a parking spot, stuff like that.  It was exhausting, riding with him. 

We got out.  Ron's in his wheelchair.  The front doors to the bank are broken.  The left door, the one we normally use, is stuck and will not open.  The manager tried to "fix" it and has "put in an order" for repair but nothing has happened. 

With the door broken like that, I require assistance getting into the bank.  Someone has to hold the door.  The security guard was oblivious and people kept walking by, using another door instead of opening the door for us. 

I saw a mexican woman approach, talking in spanish to her older daughter (about 8).  I asked (in English, we are in America), if she would please open the door for us.  She looked at Ron and said OK, then walked off! 

I was pissed.  I just reacted "Thank you for helping the handicapped!"  Everyone was staring at her.  She didn't like that, so she turned around, came back, and opened the door.  How rude! 

Like I told Ron, one day it's her in the wheelchair begging people to open a door for her.  After we were through, I muttered "Bitch" under my breath.  She may or may not have heard that. 

We did our banking, I got paid.  Ron called Arturo.  We went to the chicken place, and they were not open. 

Correction: supposed to open at 10:30, now 11:15, and still not open.  I banged on the doors for a couple of minutes and they let me in, sold me the food.  Arturo took us home. 

Ron ate most of his chicken, happy.  I ate my biscuits with a glass of milk.  My blood sugar was reasonable a couple hours later. 

I took a nap with Torbie.  She got up on me and we did "our thing" petting, purring, etc.  She really enjoys her new food.  She was running around all morning, very playful.  She wanted to play "Pet my tummy and I'll bite your hand" - I'm not dumb enough to play that one! 

I am getting Baby Girl her food later today, in about an hour.  Ever since she got a bite of Royal Canin, she won't touch her Blue anymore.  Once I find her a food that works I will give the Blue to a friend or the shelter. 

Biscuit continues to do well.  I am so pleased.  He's a good boy and I would have hated to lose him to this condition.  I am really glad I was not faced with the options of cutting off his penis or putting him down.  I would have put him down.  But I don't have to and I have tons of this food that is so good for him, water bowls everywhere, a water fountain for everyone, they are just using one box now so I keep it scooped, I can monitor "passages" as they use it. 

Chuck comes in less than an hour and we will get pet food (for Baby Girl) and go to Walmart and my bank.  I haven't figured out how much I'm putting in my account yet.  But I can get most of my errands done with this, today. 

I will post later and let you know how that goes. 

No comments: