Monday, March 25, 2019

A long Monday

Oh, that was a long day.  I'm not even sorry I overslept.  I woke up about half an hour before our pickup. 

We went to work, he was awful.  We came home.  He was awful.  He got a little better when I helped him dress.  And that's the thing I don't get.  He is dependent on a caregiver.  You would think he would treat me better if for no other reason than needing me.  But it seems the more he needs, the worse he gets. 

Gonna hate to see where we end up in 10 years. 

So I got him dressed in non magnetic clothes, sandals, made sure he had his insurance and credit card.  Our ride arrived, happily a big van, and we loaded Ron. 

We picked up a guy who spoke VERY poor English and had a heavy spanish accent.  We drove him over 20 miles to dialysis and I really doubt he was even here legally.  He had a heavy suitcase he forced the driver to handle, both entering and exiting the vehicle. 

We finally got to the imaging center.  It is affiliated with the large hospital chain that handled Ron after his accident.  They had ALL his data in their computer.  It was about an hour before they were ready to scan him (and of course I had to do the paperwork).  By this point Ron is in a better mood. 

The scanner we had signed up to use was not really wheelchair accessible.  Ron had to "walk" down a few stairs.  He did OK.  The tech took him off. 

I didn't see him for a half hour.  15 minutes in I figured they were doing OK.  Later Ron told me they were able to put pillows under his knees but his back STILL hurt by the end of the exam. 

Then they came back.  Ron called to get our ride home.  It was over an hour before they showed, and another hour to get home in Houston city rush hour traffic. 

It was a very long day.  When we got home, I had to feed the cats and change the litter box.  Ron has gone to bed, can't blame him.  I am pretty exhausted but plan to stay up for a little bit. 

Ron made a trip to Walmart for us tomorrow when I told him I was planning to take a bus to Walmart tomorrow.  We will see if he keeps it. 

But at least I am done with today. 

No comments: