Friday, March 1, 2019

I am so proud of Biscuit

After I got up, I fed Biscuit and gave him his bladder medicine.  It is a muscle relaxant for the urethra.  It seems to make him rather wobbly too, he had trouble jumping today. 

When I saw him go splat I got some boxes and made steps for him.  He can get in Ron's bed.  He can get in my bed.  He can get on the box by the kitchen table.  I was very pleased, he is a smart boy and started bouncing on and off the boxes even before I had them fully set up. 

Torbie hissed at him, I think he smells like the vet.  I scolded her.  He got in bed with Ron for a while. 

Baby Girl likes to kick litter.  She is very bad about that.  So I got two high sided storage boxes (plastic) and converted them to litter boxes.  Normally Biscuit will use any box, including those, but he clearly couldn't access due to his wobble.  So I brought in a clean, unused litter box from his kitten days, it has low sides and is a good size for an adult cat. 

I had hoped I would "catch" him on it, it is right next to my chair, so I could see how he was doing.  And, sure enough, I did.  I caught him squatting on the box.  I sat down in my chair and petted him, telling him he was a good boy.  And when he stopped he walked off leaving some pee clumping in the box.  I was so proud of my boy, he peed. 

Doc had said, in some unfortunate cases, they can't get the cat to pee.  They just block up again every time you take out the catheter.  So I had some concern about that. 

BUT the medication and diet change seem to be doing the trick.  I am very happy. 

It is hard to see him wobbly but it is for his own good, all the things he needs are at ground level, and he can get up on the kitchen table like he prefers for his dinner at 5.  I feed him his meals on the table and haven't figured out how I'm going to do the meals for the girls yet. 

I did bring them a food bowl when both girls went to Ron for treats.  Torbie ate a good amount but Baby Girl did not.  I think I will present the food bowl when they seem hungry and see how that goes.  I can't leave it out all the time like I used to do or Biscuit will go off his diet and possibly get sick again. 

We have all been through enough, we are not doing that again. 

No comments: