Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Tuesday

I got my delivery.  I was happy to see that, while they did not have both Diet Mountain Dews, they had one.  I'll take what I can get. 

They were also out of the ground brisket.  Based on the number of brisket chubs I saw sitting in the fridge, right near their sell by date, I am guessing they will not sell them much longer.  They are in business to make money and it's not looking good for the long term. 

I will just use regular hamburger.  It was good enough for a long time. 

They had everything else, my yogurt, my salad greens (I got a mix of kale and spinach), a couple of TV dinners, all of whom had broccoli in them (didn't know that when I put them in the cart).  I used to loathe broccoli, now I am more neutral and don't care unless it is overcooked.  I hate the sulfur smell you get, and the mushy texture. 

One reason I also really can't abide cabbage, so often overcooked it smells revolting.  And the texture is even worse. 

It took me a little while to put everything away, but I got it. 

I woke Ron up half an hour before the ride was due.  He was pretty groggy but I got him ready in time. 

Our driver arrived and they called her on the radio, told her to "come to the office" after she dropped us.  I didn't blame her for taking the scenic route! 

We got to the store and got Ron's medication.  Then we went and paid the electric bill.  A stop at the deli to get Ron chicken strips and potato wedges. 

After that, I left him by the door and did a little shopping of my own.  He had some last minute additions.  I went and got a few things. 

I paid (it was so slow the cashier found me), and got Ron.  They said we would have a cab ride.  Turns out they sent a big van.  Well, let me put it this way, a big van took us home.  Not sure if it was "supposed" to!  :p 

I spent more time putting stuff away, when we got home.  I remarked how I "had" to put groceries away 2x during one day, but I wasn't complaining because it meant we had enough to eat.  I had a hell of a time fitting the ice cream into the freezer, though. 

It was just a pint, not a big amount.  I do plan to eat my beef teriyaki bowl with noodles (sounded good when I bought it) for dinner. 

Once I got it all put up I took a nap, and woke up with a headache.  I drank some diet iced tea, that seems to be the latest trick to knock it flat.  I got on the computer for a while. 

Ron was in a lot of pain and asked for the magnets.  I applied them even though he said the tape hurt, as I applied it.  That's some sensitive skin! 

Later on he asked if I wanted to do anything tomorrow.  I gave him a couple of very affordable meal options.  He mocked me and said all I thought about was food.  I told him, it's not about eating, I can do that at home.  It is about going out and spending time with you. 

We went back and forth a little "I don't want to" "No one is making you, but you asked."  I went in another room. 

Ron decided to make one of "my" trips, but ran out of time and the computer hung up on him.  So we will either need to "fix" it (you only get five "fixes" a month) or take a cab.  But he heard my point: I want to spend quality time with you (my love language, for the curious). 

Since he did that I will NOT be making my stew tonight.  I will put it together tomorrow morning and cook it all day.  Hopefully I will remember to remove the chicken skin. 

Tonight I have salad (got to eat that spinach, they sent me a huge bag!), teriyaki bowl, and maybe ice cream for dessert. 

I couldn't find the big cases of high protein vanilla shake at Walmart today, that was about the worst, that and getting shorted a six pack of Mountain Dew (but they didn't charge me).  It's already 6, I think I will go in the garage and toss some junk before I take the trash out and check the mail. 

Hopefully Ron will get an interesting book to take his mind of his knee.  I am pretty sure he pulled something the other night when he passed out in his wheelchair.  It looked very uncomfortable. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know how you feel about Ron. I get that your blog is a way to vent your frustration. I for one won't make comments about you leaving him.

Heather Knits said...

As bad as things may get, they were pretty bad before I lived with him. Long, loud, physical fights going on for hours at a time, every night. Constant verbal and physical abuse - if I fought back I was disciplined and the abuser rewarded (he, by the way, didn't have a good result), constant headgames, etc. I was on the verge of committing either murder or suicide, not sure which! But Ron was the first one to call it what it was, wrong, and at the start he only wanted to "save" me.

Things got more complicated after that but he is pretty much the first person who stood up for me.

Now we have mixed days with him, sometimes awful, sometimes a genuinely good guy anyone would want to spend time with, a guy who loves his cats and will do almost anything to take care of them.

One reason I do stay is because I see the good in him. I also know I am the pillar holding up both our lives and if that goes the whole life crumbles, house, job, everything.

Odds are very good if I left the cats would end up in a shelter. And while I find them lovable, two are "old" and Biscuit can be very timid with strangers. Not good odds for them in that case.

Sorry to ramble