Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Proud of Biscuit

I slept pretty well last night but woke up around 6 when Ron "Went to the kitchen" for vodka.  I was working on a headache, too. 

I said screw it and got up, much to Biscuit's delight.  I went ahead and fed the cats because they expected it.  I get up, I feed them.  That's how it goes.  I talked a little to Ron.  When the cats finished eating I went back to bed. 

I got up an hour later, and, to Biscuit's joy, I fed him again (because he asked).  Let me clarify.  He gets two, 1/4 c, scoops of food a day.  What I did was take his bowl with his partially eaten morning ration out of the storage bin, and "let" him nibble at it again.  Then I put it away. 

I got on the computer for a while, took out some garbage, and took a shower.  I laid down for a nap but didn't sleep well, and the headache came back.  I think these are hormonal.  I am ovulating right now so that means things get pretty tense in the headache department until I start my cycle. 

Biscuit was very cuddly.  He got on my chest during my nap and I noted he felt lighter.  When I got up, I weighed myself.  Then I caught him (he wanted another crack at the food bowl) and weighed both of us, me holding him.  18 pounds.  So he has lost 1.3 pounds since he got sick.  I hope to get him down around 12 pounds.  I praised him and then gave him his food bowl. 

I have to keep the food bowl locked up or the other cats will eat it, and Doc says that's a NO.  So he only gets it when I give it to him, partially part of the reason he is losing weight.  He is getting less and he can't snack all the time.  Like me, he's a snacker. 

I imagine the girls have lost weight too but I haven't weighed them.  They are not as compliant as Biscuit. 

I also found him using the water fountain, last night.  I was so thrilled I almost picked him up for a hug.  He seemed to sense that and bolted out into his cat cage.  But he's using it.  I knew someone was, because it's depleting at a steady rate, about 16 ounces a day.  That's too much for one cat, and I got rid of the possum :p so it has to be multiple cats if not all of them. 

But they never want me to know these things.  At any rate, I am very happy with how the cats are doing. 

Ron has been in an OK mood today but it's hard to judge from a couple of minutes.  He said [shrug] we would go out for Indian Food.  We will see. 

I still have some lingering headache.  I will try to chase it off.  I also want to clean out the freezer so I can make room for stuff I will eat.  I have some freezer packs and things I don't need in there.  I will keep the frozen cooked rice and the already-prepped beef stew (just thaw and throw in crock pot).  While I am at it, I hope to generate enough energy to work on the garage, I want to get rid of some stuff so I can work on making a path back to my gym equipment. 

I can only be helped by working out.  I may need to chase down some of my dumbbells, I think a few got lost, but I can always buy new ones.  I have some great books on working out with weights, so I don't need to worry about that.  Get one of my notebooks to log progress and I am good to go.  I can wear something comfortable while I work out.  It's just me in the garage with the door shut. 

I would keep the cats out.  Years ago, Bubba came up under my hand as I was doing chest flys.  I almost dropped the weight on him when I felt the whiskers sliding across my hand!  Eeek!  He never did it again but I don't want to train a new crew. 

I would not worry so much about weight loss as adding some muscle.  That can only be a good thing.  I can add cardio later on. 

But I have to get all that old crap cleaned out if I'm going to make that happen. 

No comments: