Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Tuesday

I slept pretty well and woke up before the alarm.  I checked my blood sugar, drank a Diet Mountain Dew, and got ready to go. 

Ron was willing to go, and actually went.  He lectured the driver all the way there.  The poor driver looked so weary.  At one point Ron asked him "Have I told you?" and the driver replied "Yes, many times."

We got to Walmart and I left Ron up front.  I did my shopping.  I did it in less than a half hour, including checkout, and got back to Ron.  I was able to get everything on my list.  If I'd had more time I would have checked out pet food canisters but I didn't have time.  I did get the litter, though. 

Ron said he "didn't want anything".  I knew that meant "Get me some chicken strips" and I was right, he was thrilled and ate them then and there. 

Ron called Arturo and we went home, Arturo put everything in the garage.  Very nice.  I put everything away and got Ron in the house.  He drank a little and laid down for a nap. 

Torbie got on the box and had a little trouble moving a bowel movement.  I decided I would buy the "old cat" formula by Royal Canin because it has added fiber and specifically helps with that.  Not to mention they make the irresistable urinary formula - she can't stay away from it when I have it out for Biscuit.  If "one" food is "yummy" I am sure the other one will be, too.  I also got that carrier I had been thinking about, which put me over the limit for free shipping. 

I am curious to see how she likes it.  Baby Girl can keep eating the Blue Wilderness. 

I stayed up for a little but then lay down.  I was pretty wired from caffeine and had a hard time drifting off.  I finally did and Ron started moaning.  He had nerve pain in his leg.  He carried on for a while before I got up.  I asked if he had taken his pain pill, sometimes he forgets.  He said yes.  He asked me to put the magnets on his leg so I did.  Then he got some vodka.   It eventually improved to the point he stopped moaning. 

I had heard my phone ring when I was lying down.  I checked it after Ron went back to bed and almost had a heart attack when I saw it was my adoptive Mom. 

I have told you they only want 1 call a week at a certain time.  What I haven't said is they never call me.  Ever.  I thought my Dad was sick. 

I checked my voicemail and she wanted to know how Ron was doing.  I called her back and told her, we chatted a little.  See, it doesn't hurt! 

I asked them to pray for Ron's leg.  They like having a specific request. 

I watched some Criminal Minds for a while.  Eventually I will eat my leftover pizza and the to-go macaroni I bought at the Walmart deli. 

But today was good.  Ron and I actually talked.  Admittedly, it ranged from things like "I am worried my blood sugar is creeping up" to "I think Torbie runs a little constipated".  It was nice.  I wish I could get more of that. 

I have proven I don't need a lot of money to be content, but I do need some positive attention and the occasional affirmation.  Give me that and I will (and have) walk through fire for you. 

[sigh] 

No comments: