Wednesday, March 27, 2019

I am "extra" today

Well, it was a mixed day, some I can't talk about. 

My morning went pretty well until Ron got up.  Now, I can't say what happened while he was waiting on our ride.  So I'm not going to say that. 

I will say, when our ride arrived, Ron was so unsteady, for some reason, he couldn't get in the vehicle.  I had to put him back in the wheelchair - I was a little surprised the driver was so slow bringing it back. 

To me "We need the wheelchair" is pretty urgent.  He wanted to fold everything up in the back and lock the back gate until I said "We need the wheelchair NOW OR HE'S GOING TO FALL".  He moved pretty quick, then.  In the meantime I was holding him up and very glad I could. 

There was another woman in the vehicle.  She had a lot of groceries with her.  After we dropped her off I told the driver "I'm not going to be mean but she didn't seem to have an apparent disability, she was carrying those heavy groceries and walking very fast".  The driver couldn't comment of course, but I think a lot are riding, who shouldn't. 

Then we went to the fried chicken place.  There is actually a Church's chicken not far from my home, BUT the last time we went, two problems.  Someone had JUST come in and robbed an old lady eating.  That was bad enough, but there was also a large dead roach on the floor in full view of the staff.  Ron was horrified by both and refuses to go back. 

I can't blame him.  If you see one dead roach how many live ones? 

So he found this place with his telephone search, sort of like a Google but all audio on a phone.  It was in a gas station.  There was a homeless man.  The driver thought it was "bad" but it looked fine to me.   I have seen PLENTY worse. 

We got there.  I suggested the 3 piece dark special to Ron, it's about his speed, he likes dark meat, and very affordable at $3.  Nice big pieces of chicken, too.  As I've said I never really got a taste for fried chicken.  I used to eat the chicken fried steak a lot, with brown gravy.  If you eat white gravy I'm not talking to you.  Ick! 

Anyway, the steak is good but I didn't want to fool with cutting it up.  I opted for chicken strips, which were about twice as expensive.  I'm "extra" today!   If we bought the driver a special I couldn't talk about it. 

We ate our food.  Ron was very happy for several minutes.  I did about half my chicken strips.  They did NOT give me four, it was more like 4 plus several half sized pieces.  So more like 7-8.   They were good, I had bbq sauce, I got 2 biscuits plus the one with my meal.  My blood sugar was actually not bad later.  I got Ron 2 biscuits because nothing came with his meal except the 3 pieces in a box.  We ate.  I would go back. 

Ron asked me to check it before we ordered and I told him it was OK.  It was.  The ladies had hair nets and gloves, they were clean, the shop was clean.  I felt safe.  I felt safe with Ron eating there - and if he gets food poisoning that's a lot of work for me with cleanups, getting him to the toilet, emptying the puke bucket, etc.  I am not going to take chances.  But this was fine and I would go back. 

We only had about a half hour and then the same driver took us home (after making a pickup).  I put the food in the fridge and took a nap, I have to get up very early to get up tomorrow.  That's not coherent.  But I will leave it in to illustrate what medication does to my brain.  So, I have to get up at 2 tomorrow morning. 

I had a pretty good nap but woke up when Fed Ex rang the doorbell.  The stuff was here.  I brought in the bag of cat food (senior formula for Torbie) and the carrier. 

I felt incredibly stupid putting the carrier together.  I think I finally got it.  Both halves are together, the door is on, the latches are tight, I screwed in the wing nuts.  I left it on the floor.  Biscuit went in.  He had plenty of room.  Wonderful.  If he fits the others will but this is going to be "his" carrier.  The other solid plastic carrier will go for Torbie, and then Baby Girl gets the soft sided pink duffle with mesh "windows".  I can hold one plastic carrier in each hand, and then sling Baby Girl across my shoulders and wear her.  Of course someone always comes to help carry them. 

I didn't see Torbie for a while.  I put her food in the container.  According to the feeding guidelines, she has enough food for a little over 2 months with this bag.  That means Biscuit's bag is set for months. 

Baby Girl has over 11 pounds of Blue to eat.  I will keep feeding her that until I talk to Doc in July. 

When Torbie came by, I served her some food.  She sniffed at it for a few seconds and then began gobbling.  Royal Canin sure knows how to make their cat food appealing.  I think Torbie will do better eating this. 

My vet wasn't crazy to hear I was feeding Blue to the cats. 

Biscuit just came by begging so I fed him some of his food.  He is crunching away right now.  He has been really good about drinking water and all the cats love the water fountain. 

I'm going to give it about 20 minutes and go check the mail, then I will go to bed.  Ron was begging for books, earlier.  I'll go see if he has any. 

Tomorrow should be interesting, our Dr Pepper delivery.  I hope we get J.  He is wonderful. 


No comments: