Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Cleaning out the garage

I ate a cheese stick.  I ate an apple.  My wedger works very well.  I wouldn't want to get a finger in there, though.  Eek. 

I decided to go out in the garage and do some more work.  I filled up a trash bag and kept maybe 6 things.  For instance, I found a wheelchair leg, all chromed.  I tried it on the wheelchair in the garage.  I knew it didn't fit Ron's everyday because that one is black.  It didn't fit. 

I know I have the hoarder gene.  I grew up in an immaculate house but my sister!  And probably my grandmother!  They could be an episode of Hoarders.  For instance, my sister keeps everything.  Our mother died, she absorbed that.  Then she absorbed two grandmother's (we have different fathers) worth of stuff.  She kept trying to give me stuff every time I visited.  I don't need it.  For one, I don't really have happy family memories.  I am happy with the painting my mother did, and her photo.  That is plenty.  I don't need a bunch of stuff from a grandmother who, by all accounts, hated me. 

So, I'm standing there in the garage in my flip flops looking at the wheelchair leg in my hand.  Hoarder voice "I should keep it".  I said Hell no to that and I tossed it in the garbage can beside me. 

That was the most obvious.  Now I need to see if I want to keep my lace weight yarns, and some knitting patterns.  They would take up about one box, and I have emptied 3 in the last 2 days, so I "could".  I will probably go through it to make sure it is clean and not moth-eaten.  And I have some clothes.  But once I get through that I am done. 

I have a lot of home care supplies for Ron in the garage, no getting around that.  I have a couple of carts for moving things - they have proven very handy when we built the cat cage.  Our handyman is not young and 50 pound bags of concrete?  All the way around the house?  Not a problem with the cart!  Oh, he was so happy to see it.  So those stay.  My gym equipment.  I did get rid of some elastic bands that have been out there forever and probably no good.  I have had an elastic band snap on me during exercise once and it wasn't pleasant.  So I felt fine tossing those.  I do need to consolidate the weight equipment so I can see what needs replacing.  Then I have some boxes in the very back.  I have no idea what is in them.  I know one might have some old computer equipment of Ron's that was broken. 

He was issued it about a year before he went into the business program.  The program sent him off to Austin, to share a studio with another potential vendor.  The other student was a cheat (kept wanting to copy homework), a liar, and a drunk.  This guy was bad, and one night he sloshed wine all over Ron's equipment, destroying it, coincidentally right after Ron told him, yet again, he couldn't copy homework.  The guy left the program but Ron still had a dead piece of equipment.  I kept it, thinking we might get it fixed, but it has been almost 20 years.  I think I can toss it. 

We have roving packs of hoarders who cruise the street before garbage day.  One of them will pick it up and add it to a pile somewhere.  Ha!  It's your problem now!  :p 

I think I have some clothes in there, literally like 10 sizes ago.  I think they can go.  Not sure about the rest.  But if I attack it for half an hour a day I will get it done by next week. 

I did donate my coffee cup collection, I had about 50.  They were just taking over so I was happy to pass them on.  I did that a few years ago, and I don't regret it. 

I had a blanket in the box I donated.  I had a male cat, my first cat I owned on my own.  I got him from the shelter, he was a year old.  He developed FUS (the thing Biscuit has) and eventually died of it.  But for a very long time he would molest my foot every night, under this blanket.  He would rape my foot nightly, he just had an unbearable sexual attraction to this blanket.  So I was happy to pass it on (I washed it, before I put it into storage).  He was the weirdest cat I had. 

I also lost Frosty to FUS, so I am really happy to see Biscuit doing so well on the Royal Canin Urinary formula.  He loves to eat it, begs for it, eats it with relish. 

Speaking of donations: I need to donate a bunch of cat food.  I have cases and cases of canned cat food Biscuit can no longer eat.  And it seems cruel to give it to the other cats in front of Biscuit.  So I will donate. 

Option one: my vet is involved with some sort of rescue, not sure which.  Doesn't matter if they'll take it.  Probably the easiest option. 

Option two: go to the county shelter and donate the food, they will love it, but a longer ride and more cost to pay someone to take me. 

I will eat dinner in about an hour, I will let you know how it turned out.  If it doesn't, I have TV dinners. 

Walmart also had my little 4 ounce ice cream cups, vanilla ice cream with a frosting ribbon and sprinkles.  I have had it before and it is good, and, more importantly, not a migraine trigger. 

That's it for now. 

No comments: