Friday, March 22, 2019

Friday Morning

An interesting morning.  I got up and got ready to go. 

The plan: go to the vet, donate the canned food.  Buy a bag of Biscuit's food.  Come home.  Go to BBQ place. 

But Ron cancelled the BBQ place.  He was having back pain and they were going to leave us there "too long". 

I know there is a donut place on the street, not far from my house (maybe 1 mile).  Years ago a friend brought us donuts from there.  I decided I would ask Chuck to run us by on the way home from the vet. 

I had moved everything into the garage last night, so when Chuck came I went out, put up the door, and put everything in the truck.  We went to the vet. 

They were surprised to see so much cat food.  They sent one of the techs out to help.  I was given a discount on Biscuit's food.  I didn't ask, but I thought it was nice. 

The tech asked the receptionist what they were going to do with the food, she said "Donate it".  So there it is. 

They gave me an enormous bag of food, it will take Biscuit months to eat through this!  It was about $20 cheaper than Chewy.  Even before the discount it was still about $10 cheaper.  So I will definitely be shopping with them.  Even if I have to spend a little on a ride, I can get good fresh food for cheap. 

I would pay whatever it took to make Biscuit healthy, but happily I can afford this stuff. 

I forgot to ask about Biscuit and cheese.  Maybe I will send them an email.  It's not urgent but I do need to know if it will harm him.   Biscuit loves his cheese and is never happier than when he is licking a piece of cheese (a lot of licking, very few nibbles).  If he can have "his" cheese that would be great. 

We will see.  So we finished up at the vet and went to the donut shop.  I got Chuck something.  I saw Boudain kolaches.  I got one for Ron.  I got 2 fritters for myself.  They gave me some bonus donut holes.  I got a 20 ounce Diet Coke.  All of it about $8.  Not bad!  And it was a very nice, clean, shop.  Nice owners.  I would definitely go back, and sadly it is within walking distance. 

Chuck said, if my aunt moves, he could help me get to my doctor.  That's something I never considered. 

We got home.  I thought it was cute/sweet.  Both times I had to move the bag of cat food, the "men" did it.  It is 17 pounds.  Not that much to me.  I do a lot of heavy lifting.  But they wanted to help so I accepted with gratitude. 

Chuck left.  I took Ron his Kolache.  He ate about half, said it was good, but next time get the spicy.  OK.  He tends to complain a lot about heartburn when he eats the spicy these days. 

I got the cat food in the house and then sat down with a fritter.  It was huge, half the size of Biscuit.  It was very good.  I could tell it was apple.  I ate it with the Diet Coke (balance in everything) and took my pills.  My mood was pretty good and I wanted to keep it that way.  I could only eat the one.  I put the other in the fridge.  Ron came in the kitchen and drank some vodka, put the leftover kolache away. 

The cats are very frisky today, running around the house, wanted to go out in the garage.  I am really pleased with the garage.  I have made a huge dent in it. 

We aren't going anywhere today but I may think about a Walmart order for later.  I have plenty of dairy but maybe some other stuff?  I will think about it. 

I would probably get it for Tuesday, as we have the MRI appointment for Monday after work.   I need to go remind Ron of that. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear the food will go to a rescue. I'm with a horse and donkey rescue, but we've taken in cats, dogs, pigs, birds, and others. Financially we always struggle, rescue work is hard and expensive. So, thank you very much for your donation, I know the rescue that receives it will be very grateful

Heather Knits said...

I have 2 special needs pets I couldn't abandon (Torbie is a senior and Biscuit has his condition). I get it. If I had a bigger house and a car I would definitely be doing fosters. One of the most attractive things I ever heard a man say was a courier talking about his kitten rescue, how his wife bottle feeds them and then he stimulated them. That's attractive. I always think Ron is the best looking when he is curled up with a cat. They all like to hang out with him.

Anonymous said...

"I always think Ron is the best looking when he is curled up with a cat. They all like to hang out with him." Not true. Since he has been more abusive and drunk they are avoiding him.

Heather Knits said...

When he's ugly, they avoid him, all except Baby Girl who loves him so. But it is not uncommon to walk past his room and see a couple of cats in bed with him.

I worry about Ron when Baby Girl dies. That is going to be ugly. Very ugly.

I may break my rule and take him to the shelter.

Anonymous said...

Last year the shelter and rescues were overrun with orphaned kittens. Our volunteers helped out by fostering kittens which had to be bottle fed at their homes, they did this in addition to working at the ranch. Volunteers have the biggest and most loving hearts in the world.

Baby Girl said...

Take Ron to the shelter? And leave him there for adoption? Yes do that

Heather Knits said...

Cute title there!

No, my Baby Girl would have a fit if I took Ron away. She is completely bonded to him and cries when he's gone.