Monday, March 18, 2019

Monday

Ron was babbling when I went to sleep last night.  I made a point of going in his room and saying goodnight to him. 

He shut up a couple minutes after I went to bed.  I slept with Biscuit and Torbie.  I slept pretty well and got up late.  I was too busy cuddling Biscuit.  But he needed to eat so I got up and fed them. 

He doesn't eat much, just about the 1/2 cup the vet said he should be eating.  That is a lot less than what the bag says is needed to maintain a weight of 18-20 pounds.  So I have to conclude he is losing weight.  I don't want to weigh him but it would be interesting to hear if he was down a pound or two. 

I got Ron ready.  He had gotten a call from the MRI people - voicemail actually, saying they had to reschedule.  He wanted to confirm that before he cancelled our trip. 

We got picked up on time, but we had 2 other pickups before we went to work.  The first was a slow guy going to "work".  The second was a lady going to dialysis.  You can tell because they always have a big tote bag and a blanket. 

I am just glad we stopped picking up the old mexican lady.  She would always bring a big pillow and rub it all over Ron "putting on her seatbelt".  I don't know what other diseases she had but I wasn't happy about it.  The drivers, once they realized this, would try to take the pillow away so she wouldn't rub it all over Ron but she would shout at them.  Annoying. 

At least this woman didn't rub her things all over Ron, or hit him with the bag (that's happened, too).  Plenty of room on the van, no reason for that to happen. 

Then we went to work and unloaded.  There was an incident at work.  Things were supposed to get very interesting today, but they didn't.  I guess it got resolved over the weekend. 

We stocked.  I made Ron wait on his stuff so I could do mine.  He had given us a very short time at work.  I got everything stocked and helped Ron, then we left. 

We had a little bit of a wait but not horrible, then a straight trip home.  I was pretty tired.  All the drama wears me out, I guess.  I ate something and took my pills, then took a nap. 

Ron was quiet.  I woke up a couple hours later with Torbie and Biscuit again.  I got up and fed them.  Biscuit likes to nibble every few hours.  I don't mind doing that because the food is so good for him.  At one point today he climbed into the litter box right next to my chair and peed easily, and a considerable amount.  I was thrilled.  Then Baby Girl got in the same box (after Biscuit left) and had a bowel movement that had me reaching for the air freshener.  Toxic! 

Ron got up, talked for a while.  He talked to the MRI place and rescheduled for next week.  So I have the next couple days off. 

I am not hungry, and I need to figure out what I'm doing for dinner.  I have a frozen TV dinner that looks good, I plan to go for that.  I also have the salad mix so there's my appetizer - salad, then a lasagne.  Ron ate a burrito after he got drunk.  It was a steak burrito.  I do try to feed him better quality stuff but it's hard, because he wants crap. 

I will probably work on the laundry next.  It has been piling up for a while.  For some reason I haven't wanted to do it this week.  Normally I tolerate/enjoy laundry.  I like whacking those stains and making the clothes wearable again. 

I also need to figure out if I am doing another food order from Walmart.  On the one hand, I do have some things.  On the other I could use more.  I'll see. 

Anyways, I better get going on the laundry.  It's not going to wash itself. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In your other post you said biscuit was getting kicked when he came running up to you. Was this kids or an adult doing this? What can we do about people who abuse animals? Do you feel bad about not being able to help all the throw away cats that come to your house? What about the one that always peeked in your window do you ever get upset thinking about what happened to that cat? It is heartbreaking for me to think about how many abandoned former pet cats and dogs there our out there and most will never find a loving hand or a warm and safe place to rest their heads at night and sleep. How do people live with themselves? Even thinking about all the animals that are healthy that get put down because no one wants them is just too much to bear sometimes for me.

Heather Knits said...

The long story on Biscuit. When I passed the woods adjacent to the bus stop, on my way to do a Bible Handout, he came out, climbed me like a tree, just adorable. I had a huge sack of Bibles so I went and distributed them, bought some cat food, and came home.

On my way back I asked God to lead me in what I should do. As I got off I saw an adult woman (20's) kicking him at the bus stop. I ran over there and off to the side, opened the food, they (Gravy was with him) came running over. So did the woman. She kept asking me what I was going to do with them. I said I didn't know. She said "If you don't get rid of it I will" in an ominous tone. So I put them both in my tote bag and took them home. I let them loose on Ron as he slept in bed. He woke up pretty quick. He told me we were keeping them when I told him the story.

All the other cats (save one, many years ago) that come by my house are obvious pets. I don't feel bad for them at all. We offer a higher level of spoiling, is all. Frosty was probably the most pathetic, starvings, huge scabs, fur falling out, older. I believe his owner died and the next of kin threw him out. Bubba cat brought him home so we kept Frosty, they got on pretty well once Frosty got over his neuter.

I can only take care of 3, especially since one is special needs. I have to feed, water, litter, vet them all. I am about at my limit.

One thing I am always determined to do, when we get a new cat it gets fixed right away. That helps with "the problem" tremendously. Our local high kill shelter is doing a lot of free spay/neuter programs and making it easy to get it done cheaply if they can't get in for free. That helps, too.

And when I was looking, I went to the high kill shelter and got an "unadoptable" older cat who was 2 days from execution (Torbie). She has been great.

Melanie said...

I always say that if I ever win the lotto (unlikely, since I don't play it, lol), that I would buy land and open a dog shelter for homeless/unwanted dogs. Mangy mutts, all of them, I love dogs. DH and I have had dogs since were married-app 37 years now-almost always more than one. For years we had six altogether, various mutts. Every one of them lived to be 17-18 years old. Now we have two, sisters, which my husband brought back from Kentucky after paying $50 to an old woman who had them, a bunch of kids were mistreating them and they were just tiny pups. They're lab mixes, one black, one brown-the old woman called them "laboratory" dogs and carried on about what fine, good breed dogs these little mutts were :) DH didn't care, he just wanted the dogs. I couldn't stop smiling when he brought them home (he surprised me, he knew I would love this surprise), and they had no fear, they are the first "cuddling" dogs I've had, they love to cuddle next to me in bed. I got all the others when they were older and more independent. It was so funny-DH had a friend riding shotgun, a big guy, and the pups slept on his stomach all the way from Kentucky to Mississippi :) They came into my home like they owned the place, and they do :)

Heather, as you know, I love and collect vintage perfume-so I named the black dog Djedi (after my favorite perfume, a discontinued Guerlain from the 20s) and the brown one Shalimar, after the Guerlain perfume. Of course those names got shortened to various diminutives-Jay, Jay-Jay, Shalli, Shelli, Shay-Shay. The people at the vet always think I named Djedi after something to do with Star Wars-I've never seen the movie, haha.