Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Wednesday morning

I didn't sleep as well as I liked, I'm not accustomed to the sound of the water bowl.  See, like the litter boxes, I aim to have a water bowl in every room.  I put the water fountain in my bedroom. 

But I did sleep, and happily "caught" Torbie taking a nice long drink, on a couple of occasions.  She needs water too.  I would feel better if Biscuit were as thrilled with it, but I will "take" the win of one cat using it with relish. 

Torbie slept with me when she wasn't doing cat business or drinking water.  I woke up around 7.  Biscuit joined me in the bed for a while, for snuggles and petting.  He is really acting 100% healthy now.  That is so reassuring.  I was very worried about him. 

I got up and brushed my teeth, then fed everyone.  First Biscuit.  When he finished his special food he went and drank out of the water bowl for a while.  Later on I dosed him and he went and peed vigorously.  I could hear him peeing from several feet away.  Biscuit is doing very well. 

Then I fed Torbie and Baby Girl, they got the salmon food.  They each ate for a while and wandered off.  Then I put up the food, because I was slow doing it yesterday and Biscuit got ONE piece of kibble.  I felt terrible about that but, based on today's behavior, he is doing fine. 

I will just have to stand over the bowl and be the food police.  I am OK with that if it means everyone stays healthy.  I'll just get up 15 minutes earlier. 

Ron woke up.  We talked for a while and had a cuddle, he was very affectionate, even Biscuit and Torbie joined us. 

Then I got up to dose Biscuit and Ron went back to his talking book.  He really loves his talking books. 

I need to clean all the boxes.  If there is even the remotest chance Biscuit got sick because he didn't like his preferred box, I will be much better about cleaning them (I am surprised no one yelled at me over this vs. water in the dry food).   Normally I clean it every couple days, but now it's down to every day. 

It is easier that way, and I do it before my shower so I can clean up.  There is a lot of dust from this brand, but the cats like and use it so not inclined to change.  Easy just to bathe, after. 

I don't have to wash my hair today, but that means I will tomorrow, at 2 AM.  Not crazy about that, but we need to get our soda delivery.   There are rumors Ron put a case of Diet Dr Pepper in the order, for me.  Bottles, which I prefer.  Why spend the money with the other vendor when we can buy it wholesale? 

We will be taking a cab to run errands after we get the delivery and stock (not in that order).  Later on, a trip to Walmart (a very short one) and even a trip to the Waffle House, if Ron holds up to it.  He may run out of energy but we will see - he scheduled a nap in there. 

I hate the fact I need a nap most days, but Ron has a similar energy level. 

About the only other thing I need to try on my new work shoes and start breaking them in. 

No comments: