Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Wednesday morning

  I slept OK last night with the cats, that was really nice.  

I am up to 188 and considering my bad eating recently it could have been a lot worse.  So I will get strict again. 

My dressier work pants still fit so I will wear those to jury duty Friday, with a nicer top that "looks great" with it and I have also never worn to work. But they fit and definitely qualify me for business casual.  I don't want to show up at Jury Duty looking sloppy.  If I am selected for a trial I have a couple slacks and dressy tops I can rotate.  

Apparently the courthouse downtown has a TSA style screening.  Take my shoes off, empty the pockets, etc. I have a medium sized mesh backpack they were very popular at my local school district about 10 years ago, I will put everything important in that and that should be fine.  

I have pretty strong feelings of course. On the one hand I don't want a guilty man to go free or let an innocent man go to prison.  But, as Dad said "The law and justice don't always line up". So we as citizens have to uphold the law and that means serving on a jury.  But on the other hand I don't make much money, it is a burden going downtown, and I worry about my job even though legally they have to give it back. So that's all.  

I have always liked to go barefoot in my house, I have tile in the common areas and then vinyl plank in the bedrooms.  But the floor gets grubby pretty quick and I hate gritty dirt on the soles of my feet.  So I find myself mopping about once a week.  I think I will have to sweep more often though.  

I am still trying to figure out a schedule how often to clean different things. My Bible study this morning mentioned taking a day of rest.  Which is a good idea but I would like to knock out the cleaning.  Mop at least and then do the toilet.  I think that will be enough for today. I have Saturday and Sunday off I can do the chores then.  

I don't need to grocery shop I have "enough". 

That's it for now.  I'm going to start packing my bag, for one I will need for Jury duty.  A reflective vest for one, I have to catch a bus at 5 AM to get downtown.  

No comments: