Friday, March 10, 2023

Friday morning, interrupted by Biscuit, and Friday night

 Yesterday was interesting.  Some of it I can't talk about. 

I had a vicious headache all day that was not fun, but the mean boss was not there, either. I ended up eating something sweet and it still didn't help with the headache. My friend came in to relieve me that was fun to see her. 

The bus ride home was pretty uneventful. That's the last candy I will hand out on that route for a while.  

I need to take my shower.   So I did that.  When I came out Biscuit was in my chair. 

Biscuit ADORES my chair.  He will cry piteously if I try to move him and dig his claws into the cushion. Only a monster would do that; I'm not a monster. So I left him on his throne and went to work.  

Right after I got hired at Walmart a team lead in another department was very kind to me and helpful on several occasions. I had a little crush on him for a while and asked God to take it from me as I am 99.9% sure the man is not saved and I can't do that.  

God did, a couple of things came to light that changed my opinion but now he is seeking me out on occasions to chat. I find that funny. Maybe because I am not a subordinate. Who knows.  But we were talking about allergies today after work I thought it was funny he kept continuing the conversation.  I enjoy talking to men I have always been more comfortable with men; I was raised by my Dad during my formative years. 

A co worker of mine is active in at least one dating app and aggressively seeking a man.  She is tired of living alone, wants a man to put her on a pedestal and worship her.  Which is her right; I wish her well. 

When Ron died he left a big hole in my life. I am trying to fill that with God and service work for God but it is tempting/easy to think I could just fill that with another relationship. I do not believe that is what God wants at this point and time. 

So I will continue talking about horror movies with the grocery manager, calling Jerry "Baby" and giving CJ Diet Dews out of my stash. 

Work itself was fine.  My bosses were very stressed out. I was happy to leave. It wasn't necessarily anyone was awful to me but (here's 15 years in CA coming out) the energy was bad.  

I bought some cleaning products on my lunch.  They had Great Value foaming bathroom cleaner, I love that stuff. They also had some Method daily shower cleaner I will try. I bought that and put it in my bag,then I could just leave when I clocked out (after finishing my conversation with you know who). 

Now all that said there is a Ron B. saying that I should tattoo on my hand. "Don't Shit Where You Eat". Meaning, don't date at work. Good saying. I will strive to remember that. 

Jack had a funeral so I called my cab driver buddy. I got home around 5; I started a load of laundry. I swept the floor and partially cleaned the bathroom. All I need to do is get my groceries and mop the floor tomorrow. I talked to my aunt; and then my parents. The cats are good.  

I have reached a decision about Ron's room, actually Spotty's room now. I have a roll down exterior blind mounted outside the window. But Spotty spends all day in the windowsill looking out at the back yard. So I'm going to leave it up this year.  The bathroom one doesn't matter but I feel it is important to respect and value Spotty. 

That's it for now. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I met my husband at work, it's better than going to a bar. And about what God wants, he created women FOR men.

Heather Knits said...

Well for sure not dating in my department.

Anonymous said...

He created women for men. Lol.

Heather Knits said...

Genesis chapter 2!

Anonymous said...

Doubt those who scoff have ever opened a Bible or they wouldn't scoff at God.