Friday, March 3, 2023

Friday night

 So I have been friendly with a guy at work, an Associate, like me.  He is Latino.  He is tall, a little overweight, male pattern baldness cut very short, has a lovely smile and gorgeous eyes. I like to have a "handle" for people so I will call him Beau even though he is not French.  He is not looking for anything but he does seek me out. We enjoy chatting.  He smiles a lot.  It is nice. It is very uncomplicated.  

At some point I need to raise the issue of salvation if it gets serious because I cannot be "unequally yoked" - in a relationship with an unbeliever.  That is non negotiable.  And I don't plan on dating for another 3 years, ish. (add a few days), anyway.  But it is nice to get a little attention. 

Work was busy, that I can talk about. There is some I cannot talk about, suffice to say I was happy to get out of there. 

I saw Kato at the bus stop.  He washes windows, we chat a little. I told him things were crazy at work and he said he would rally all his homeless friends and "rampage" the store for my job back if I got fired.  Thanks, I think?  I was rather taken aback.  

First bus was uneventful.  Got off and waited with another worker bee who just wanted to get home after work; like me.  A young family showed up a baby about 10 months, two young parents.  The father was smoking but far downwind from the baby while the mother smoked pot holding the baby in her lap. The baby was coughing. That was really awful to watch. But that, my friends, is how kids end up in the foster system. Cute baby,too. 

I waited almost an hour I was really not happy about that at all. Bus finally came, I got home. I called Mom and Dad on my way home from the bus stop because it was dark and I couldn't see a damned thing due to the lack of lighting. I really want that gas station built and some GOOD lighting. Anyway I got home OK after all the neighborhood dogs barked at me. No mail. 

I got the last load of laundry started. I also have a load in the dryer. 

That's it for now. 

No comments: