Thursday, March 16, 2023

Thursday

 I didn't sleep great but I got up quick and got ready as fast as I could.  I did up 10 bags of candy.  I actually ran out and could have done 2 additional.  

I wanted to get home before it rained, it sounded pretty severe coming and I had a "severe weather pending" headache.  I don't usually get them but the pollen makes my headaches worse when I get them. 

I did do my Bible study and prayed a bit before leaving.  I wore my black skinny jeans and a plum colored t shirt, a navy hoodie.  

I got to the grocery store and for once did not find anything appealing in the discount meat bin.  It was around 9, I think I got there too late.  The seafood counter was right there so I asked the nice lady (hairnet, white coat and apron, gloves, made me feel very secure ordering) for some catfish nuggets. I asked for a pound and a half and got 1/47 which I called done. 

It is neatly wrapped in paper in my fridge. I plan to cook that up later with some lemon, sesame, ginger, garlic.  I think it will be very good. 

I perused the whole meat wall (that is what we call it at work so I guess it applies pan retail?) and settled on a pound of "premium cuts of pork" chorizo.  The last chorizo I ate was not premium cuts and caused a lot of indigestion. I also got some Mexican cheese, salsa, and beans to make a casserole. I hope I like the salsa it is in a can and a nice amount. Not too much, just enough for a few meals. If I like it I will pick up a few more cans for the pantry.  

I also got some V8. 

Then off to the other grocery store. It was busy but not as bad as a weekend. I got the candy which I really needed, some cheese, etc.  I was paying at the checkout when I realized I had forgotten the stir fry vegetables.  So I had to go back and get them.  

I am sure security was watching me with my little hand cart (we call them "buggies" here) because I had forgotten to bring the little box I normally use for my stuff. But I spent a good amount of money and no one arrested me so they must have seen I was OK.  

I had given away all my candy so I gave a bag of chips to the driver who took me home.  She had another driver with her I could have done too but I missed out.  On my way in the house I saw the Amazon driver delivering next door and I gave him an unopened cold drink out of my cart.  

I went in, put my stuff away, and took a nap with Biscuit. Oooh, a nap with Biscuit.  There is something so inviting about him he just puts me out like a light and I always sleep great.  But he doesn't always sleep with me at night. 

I paid the water bill and have decided I am not taking my debit card to work anymore. It is too easy to pick up stuff I don't need.  

That's it for now!  

No comments: