Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Wednesday morning

 I had been lucky, a nice stable mood for a while. Depressed today. 

Jack said he is running an errand over near work this morning and would give me a freebie but I would get there 3 hours early and that is too soon. I did get paid, I need to get my ride money out at the least as well. 

But first, a shower. 

I am having a little trouble with something in my news feed.  A baby born to Christian parents has glaucoma very bad, poor little thing looks blind already and I have deep personal doubts as to whether he will retain any vision.  That's the kind of blindness Ron had and it is inheritable. So he chose to get fixed rather than have a child like that; he felt it was cruel to know and do it anyway. 

You  can imagine I have a lot of issues seeing this poor infant. 

 I am deciding whether I want to block the woman posting this for a while.  Just the photos of how poor Ron must have looked as an infant...or what my own child with him would have looked like.  If I didn't (I did) already understand Ron didn't want to put his child through that I sure do now. 

I got my shower, put my lunch together, got dressed, ate breakfast, did up the candy. I found the gas bill so I can pay that now. I am not eager to set up an online account just yet. 

I plan to pick up a few things before work so I don't have to shop after. Last night it was pretty crazy at the checkout (I have to exit through the self check). 

That's it for now. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the sight of this precious baby bothers you that much, you should just block the poster. I will pray for the baby and his family.

Anonymous said...

There are all kinds of defects in this world from physical to mental. Many people are selfish and don't care about passing potential defects onto their offspring. Ron was the only one of his siblings who got the blindness so it's really just a roll of the dice when it comes to what your fate will be at birth.

Heather Knits said...

He had an aunt and uncle who had several deaf children, I believe only one was hearing. He felt that was a bad call so when he found out he was "hot" he said no thanks.

I know for me my medication causes severe birth defects. So if I remarry it will only be after confirmed (by blood test) menopause or sterilization (of me). I just can't take that chance.

And if we (new couple) want kids there are plenty of disabled kids in the foster system. Assuming they would see me as a good adoption candidate which is a whole nother thought together. Ron and I had seriously considered adopting a blind child before his accident.