Friday, March 31, 2023

Two days in one due to cat squatting in my computer chair

 No Beau today.  Nice to get "two days off in a row" I know I hate it when I don't!   Between his days off and mine I only see him briefly 3 days a week.  So nothing is going to happen in a hurry, if at all.  

I pulled the trigger and bought a VERY cute pair of jeans I had been eyeing for a while.  I will take a photo tomorrow for you. I got paid, went to the Post Office after work, mailed Mom and Dad's package. Then home and threw my new jeans, and what I had already in the hamper, in the wash. 

I booted Biscuit from the computer chair to a tremendous SQUEAK of indignation, went to usps.gov and set up the tracking for Mom and Dad, they will get text messages on the package as it makes their way too them (Due Saturday).  

I am going to take a nap.  

I was probably very bad and said my mail carrier was "mean" the clerk (who knows me well) asked why and I described him, "Oh, him" and then said he had rejected my candy! She picked up her candy and said "I won't do that!" and I gave the other clerk candy and we all had a good laugh about grumpy sugar haters I guess.  But that probably wasn't nice and I am sorry I did that. I hope it does not get back to him. 

Now I'm going to take my nap... 

Friday morning: Thursday was fine, saw Beau a few times.  He is Latino and has a name many seem to find tricky to pronounce, but some time ago I asked him to tell me how to say it.  Dale Carnagie always said a person's name is extremely important to them and it is important to get it right...anyway so I can say it correctly now.  Yesterday at work he asked how to say my name (Latinos and pretty much anyone not a WASP have trouble pronouncing "Heather" and my father in law (a Creole) used to call me "Baby" as a result which I was fine with).  Anyway he stood there in the breakroom practicing "Heather" over and over which I found very sweet.  If I see him today I will tell him heather is a Scottish flower with small purple flowers, so I am basically a "Rosa".  He may find that amusing. So it was nice to see him.  

I do have one last secret I have not shared, I did share that with my aunt last night as it may have an impact on future events.  She took it pretty well. 

Today I work 9 hours and do a little shopping after work (heavy things like cleaning products and cat supplies, litter and food) and pay for a ride home.  I took the bus home last night caught my bus about 6:20 and rode home later than I have in a while.  All kinds of characters out there. I handed out about 10 booklets I think.  When I got to the transit center I was handing out a (bag of candy with a booklet) to every driver who pulled up until I ran out.  The drivers were very surprised but I figured God had me over there at that time for a reason. They may throw it all away, only eat the candy, toss the booklet but my job was getting it to them and I did that well.  

I was talking to 2 of the biggest gossips in the facility at work yesterday as we were all working and gossiped about some of the Bible handouts with them, like the time I went to the area with all the prostitutes and almost got beat up, etc.  I don't care if that makes the rounds at work.  I still think that would be an awesome first date; go on a Bible Handout.  See how he handles rejection, motivation level, enthusiasm for Jesus, heart for the lost, etc. Then go to my favorite taqueria or the pupusa place (if it's still there) after. We will see.  

As for me I am assuming with Beau it is all very casual friendship only and that is all it will be and will approach it as such. 

Tomorrow I have the funeral. One of the Team Leads is taking me. I will wear my dressy outfit I think that is a sign of respect.  They said the colors are black and pink but I don't have anything dressy in black or pink. I have been dropping sizes so fast it just didn't make sense to buy a lot of clothes (other than jeans and t shirts for work). 

I ordered some new compression socks I will see how I like them today. I need to take my shower. 

Done... the socks are nice and tight which I like, not bulky.  I don't want hot, thick, socks in the summer. 

I decided to wear my skinny jeans.  The curvy fit ones that do fit me like a glove. They also have a high waist which I like.  

That's it for now. 

No comments: