Thursday, March 16, 2023

Some thoughts on cleaning

 I have been focused more on cleaning, on actually wanting to clean, as a part of my day off. Today I did laundry, cooked, swept and mopped the tile floors with a bleach solution. I will not use bleach in any dilution on my vinyl plank even a brain damaged crazy woman knows better.  

But that has been interesting for me.  I think as a young woman with Ron I just lacked tools period.  I didn't even have a dresser for years we were so poor. I had manic buying sprees.  I have brain damage that limits my ability to organize and plan things (don't tell my boss!). 

And I had an abusive relationship.  Whenever I brought a woman over Ron had sex with her. He was very good at manipulation add that and copious amounts of alcohol he got what he wanted. So I didn't have any motivation to have anyone over!  I think that was a part of it too.  

Also I had terrible depressions where I could barely bathe myself much less vacuum.  It took a while to get my medication right when I was diagnosed as well. 

And a part of it was rebellion Ron was always very upset about my housekeeping, would shout at me over it, threaten to throw me out (did throw me out one night right before my birthday), etc. and he was hurting me so bad (emotionally, verbally, and cheating) I wanted to hurt him back.  

Well I have tools. The relationship is over. The depression is pretty well managed with lifestyle and medication. 

So you found me on my one day off mopping the floor. Not bad. I mean as a kid my adoptive mom would shove a bottle of ammonia, a bucket, and a sponge at me and tell me to "go clean the bathroom".  We had toilet bowl cleaner but that was it.  I would read the directions on the bleach and make the solutions they advised and that worked OK. 

But I didn't know how to clean windows until we did a youth group fundraiser washing windows.  I had no clue how to take care of carpet or tile floors both of which I had in the house.  Vinyl plank isn't too hard.  

I got all the appliances up off the floor and into Spotty's cabinet in such a way he can still sleep in there. I got rid of the trash bag filled with the single use thank you bags. I got rid of another trash bag full of empty soda bottles (recycled).  Kitchen looked a lot better after that even before I cleaned it.  

I have some good products, I like the Better Life spray cleaner and I hear Method is also good.  Walmart has a generic plant based one I have but I'm still working on the Better Life spray.  I am not picky about toilet bowl cleaner but the Great Value generic brand with bleach is nice and thick. I have some generic brand Fabuloso as well for the "dilute in water" type jobs like mopping. I have a Libman Wonder Mop - love that thing!  I have a Libman corn broom - also a favorite.  I have a bag full of cleaning rags and a good collection of sponges.  Although I think the kitchen is ready for a new sponge.  

That's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't blame just Ron for laying with your friends. They were not your friends.

Heather Knits said...

Well I blame both