Saturday, March 4, 2023

Saturday

So my day. I took my hand cart, I had an insulated tote bag and some cold packs. 

I found a nice pack of stew meat in the discount bin.  I held it in my hand, deliberating, for a while. It was $7 for a pound and a half (the clearance sticker obscured the weight but I used my food scale when I got home). I thought that was a good deal.  

I also got some sliced carrots (already done up).  I thought it would be good to make the stew with onions, carrots, garlic, salt, pepper, and beef stock and that's what I have in the crock pot. 

I also got another bag of Walnuts I like the store's Walnuts better than my store.  My store has a lot of chaff in the bag, smaller nuts, more "funky" nuts, and other issues.  I like a nice big, fresh, walnut.  I get those.  

I have found I absolutely adore walnuts they are my favorite.  I like pecan pie, love it in fact, but walnuts are my favorite.  I cannot do peanuts due to migraine issues and I am pretty sure I am allergic to almonds. Walnuts are full of healthy fat, protein, and fiber so a good choice.  

I got what I needed, also got some V8 cans in the 12 ounce. Good thing I had the hand cart!  

I went out to the bus after paying and went to the other store. I didn't need much there, but they had a good deal on some nice big bunches of celery for $1.20 a bunch, so I got 2 big bunches. I got 3 bags of candy to hand out including a nice bag of lollipops. 

I had a small issue; it was nice out so I wore my thrift store shorts.  They have a longer inseam and a medium rise.  And I did not like that rise.  It was too low, and came down in the back.  But I only paid about $5 for the shorts, they will work for trips out on my day off.  

We sell shorts at work, they just came in, for about $11, denim shorts, various colors, a little shorter than I would like but I will try them on in a month or so. 

It was very nice out, warm and sunny. I came home, put everything away, and took a nap with the cats. I woke up with a headache, took something, and got the stew ready in the crock pot.  I have an outlet timer that plugs into the wall so I set that up once I did up the crock pot. 

I had a sandwich for dinner (keto bread).  That's it for now. 

No comments: