Saturday, March 4, 2023

Saturday morning

 I didn't sleep well but I had a lot of caffeine yesterday.  I woke up with a moderate headache but am doing OK.  

I was thinking about one of my recipients yesterday.  My first route we have a lot of blue collar type workers getting off about the time I do and we all ride home together.  One guy works at a bakery.  The other day I saw him bringing treats on the bus so yesterday I said something to him.  

He politely explained he couldn't bring me treats.  I explained I didn't want them but if I wanted a baked good I would go with his because he makes them and they're good enough for HIM to eat. He laughed, I gave him some candy which he sat on the seat. 

Cab drivers have a rule only pick up someone who called for a trip, the spontaneous ones tend to be trouble. Same with the bus.  If they are at the stop with their card in hand you will not have a problem.  But the person who runs up to you will be an issue.  

So the driver was stuck at a red light and someone came running out of a gas station parking lot.  She was wearing a skimpy red dress.  Now I am biased enough to say a thin/average woman can pull that look off but an obese woman cannot. And she was very obese.  She was drunk.  She had an open container of alcohol (Four Loko).  She didn't have any money, having likely spent it all on Four Lokos.  She saw the candy and grabbed it, saying something about "the Mexican candy".  Now the candy has some Mexican names on it and is made in Mexico but it is made to American tastes and is a good value.  I have sampled it, it is something worth handing out.  I stand by my candy. So she stole the other man's candy.  

She eventually got off, spilling her drink (the man had gotten up and WELL away from her by this point), but taking the candy with her. I guess God thinks she needs salvation more than Bakery Guy,who, when I tried to give him another bag, said I had given him some last week. 

But if I had to pick I would have picked Bakery Guy.  But it's not about what I want it's what God wants me to do and let me tell you, some GNARLY people have gotten candy in the last week. 

I'm going to take a shower, do my God Time, get dressed, and do up today's candy.  That's it for now.  

No comments: