Thursday, March 9, 2023

Thursday morning

 I sort of slept OK last night. 

I hate to contradict one commenter but I don't see every man as a love interest.  There is a guy at work, very nice guy, very tall.  He was drinking a diet Dew one day out of the vending machine and I teased him, asked him to bring me one next time.  And he did.  So when I buy Diet Dew I always (I buy a six pack) try to give him one, he got one out of my bag (I told him to) and came and gave me a hug yesterday.  That was nice.  

As a widow no one ever touches me.  I am not used to that, so a hug was welcome.  And I am not planning out a wedding reception either.  He is just a nice co worker.  

Work was OK.  Had the cranky boss but I didn't see her much.  The girl who takes over after me is very cranky (more so than boss) was barking orders at me (she is not a team lead) and being very rude.  I tried not to take it personally.  Her vacation starts today so I won't see her for a while.  I will be working her shifts.  

I have been told the night shift prefer me to her which is nice.  I get the job done without shouting at everyone.  She is probably very meek an sweet at home, though. 😂  You have to be a little "mean" in some positions that require customer contact. I understand that.  You have to say "NO'.  But you don't have to shriek at people either.  

So that was a little taxing but Betty (real name) gave me a ride home.  She is also a widow so "gets it".  She was very impressed by the neighborhood. It is nice lots of big brick homes.  And then my little bungalow in the middle of it.  😂

I even had enough time to lie down for a minute which was nice.  When I had the vending business Ron and I would always lay down after work. 

For some reason I don't feel like today will be bad.  "Mean" boss apparently has the day off, so that will help. I am not expecting it to be crazy like it will Sunday night. 

I need to take a shower, will be back.   

All ready to go I think. I have my pills, my lunch, my bag which has water bottle and vest in it. 

That's it for now. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agreed with the other commenter when I read that comment.

From your descriptions, I think you are enjoying and encouraging attention from your male coworkers. You should keep in mind that workplace sexual harassment policies are real policies. Calling your male coworkers baby and honey is not the best idea. Baby or honey (or anyone overhearing this unprofessional nonsense) could complain.

I do not hug coworkers with the exception of events like baby showers, retirement parties, etc. Even then, I use discretion and sometimes opt against. It's best to be professional at work no matter how casual the setting.

Heather Knits said...

Well, and this was one Ron came across at USPS when we had our vending stand, the attention has to be unwanted. He slapped my butt one day when I was in his way and I laughed, but HR was there and called (Ron's boss) who said "She's his wife for God's sakes" and put that to bed. HR did come by and asked Ron, basically, not to touch me at all at work after that and we complied. But I did have to touch him to help him out.

The men I use endearments with do not mind, grin at me when I use them, etc. They are not in relationships. As a rule I have always been more comfortable around men. I do not dress provocatively and the infamous blue vest covers me from collarbone to halfway to my knees even if I did.

The most I do is pat someone on the shoulder. If someone hugs me I hug them back. Men or women.

Anonymous said...

It's too bad we live in such a litigious society where people are looking for reasons to be offended.