Saturday, March 25, 2023

Most of Saturday

 Today I treated my day out as a minor Bible Handout.  I did up sixteen bags of candy.  My worst Bible handout I only did 9 Bibles.  I managed to locate my Asian Language booklets so I did up 3 bags with one each Chinese and Vietnamese.  I can't tell them apart and that way they would be sure to get their own language.  I did up 3 Spanish as well, and about a dozen English.  

I took a good shower and shaved my legs, then wore the black denim shorts that come about 3/4 of the way to my knee, good coverage I felt.  I paired that with a modest t shirt and sneakers.  

I brought my hand cart and my ice packs in an insulated tote. 

I went to 3 stores. I handed out candy to drivers, cashiers, and other people as led by the Holy Spirit.  Everyone was happy to get them.  I got one driver who has told me he is diabetic and doesn't want candy but he let me stay on the bus when he did the turnaround at the end of the line and got out a bag of SunChips. I felt so bad for what was left of his pancreas.  

I went to the big chain grocery first, they have really good meat discount deals if I go early (it was around 8) and also top notch produce (I got a pound of greens).  They also have canned salsa in the metal can which I like so I got 2 of them.  I was delighted to see they had beef for stir fry on sale as I was going to do a stir fry anyway. And they had stew meat.  I had planned to make a veggie soup with some chicken stock but I can shelve that and make the stew instead. I also got some V8 and Walnuts.  

I didn't get keto bread but I can get some at work.  

I got the diabetic guy and rode to the end of the line, waited, went back down the other side (it is an extraordinarily busy street and people drive like maniacs).  I went to the Asian grocery, it is a small family owned thing.  They had two first generation immigrants ringing people up and two second generation people.  I handed out the 3 bags of mixed language ones and then one just English to the girl who rang me up as she spoke fluent English.  

I got some vegetables there, and some tea. I like their bok choi it is medium sized and very fresh. I had been wanting snow peas as well and look what they had for $2.50...It is going to be a good stir fry tonight. I looked at the sauces and oils but did not buy any and got back out there again. 

I went to the local chain grocery.  Why?  They have my candy.  I was able to buy over 10 pounds of candy for $20 and that will hold me a week.  I didn't look at their meat, I already had meat (I was pushing my cart around with a little box on top as they didn't have the hand basket like the other 2 stores).  I did get their 2 pound Mexican shredded cheese as that is the best deal, also got some sliced cheese and lunch meat as I am thinking "sandwiches" for the upcoming lunches this week. I got some powdered drink mix, yes, it has aspartame but hopefully it will help wean me off the Mountain Dew. 

I bought a 2 ounce snack size bag of chips which I gave to my driver on the way home, along with his candy.  One of my drivers said he had been looking for me and "really needed this bag of candy".  I don't know if he meant the sugar snacks or the booklet, or both, but I just grinned and told him God would send me as needed.  He liked that.  

Anyway, I got a really nice "vegetables for soup" blend frozen it has everything from onions and lima bean to okra which I like.  I liked onions cooked in soup but not raw or pieces in my protein.  I also got some more "vegetables for stir fry" which is also very good it just has small cuts broccoli, carrots, and some nice big water chestnuts.  I paid for all that and trundled out to the bus stop.  Happily I was not going far.  

When I got to the bus stop the JW"s were back.  They were not there when I left.  I was not happy and just left rather than deal with them.  

Ron used to do something when he was alive, he was very angry at God for many many years for allowing all He had, to happen to Ron.  Ron would call him Torture Man.  Then he would curse God out, scream at him, mock my faith, and then say things like "I don't want you to lose your faith".  I would try to defend God which would just make Ron turn on me for supporting God's side in things.  Then I would get the verbal abuse.  It was awful.  And then Ron would say 'I don't want you to lose your faith over this".  

So I learned to let God fight His own battles; and in this He has not led me to interact with them.  I do pray for no one to be deceived by them, the JW's to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus, etc.  Internally, I am praying all this whenever I see them but I need to be doing this on the regular.  

So I'm going down the street and a lot of cars are parked across driveways on the sidewalk; so I decide to go in the street.  It is quiet.  A car comes towards me, slows at a stop sign.  I heard,very clearly "Give them a booklet" so I got out a bag of candy.  They roll down the passenger side window, closest to me.  An arm reaches out.  I give them the candy, he looks at it, shows it to his friend the driver, they exclaim over it (when I hand out candy it is a generous bag), thank me, and drive off.  What are the odds I would meet them at exactly that moment?  But I did and maybe they are reached now.  I don't know, I just hand stuff out and pray for everyone.  That's my job.  

And the great thing about it I have no idea what I'm doing.  I have pride issues so it is best I not know until I get to the throne of judgement one day.  I like it this way.  

I don't even know how many Bibles and Scripture booklets I have handed out.  I know it is thousands, for both, probably averaging around a thousand booklets a year now but I don't know for sure and I don't want to know. 

I came home.  I really had to pee so I did that, then put everything away.  I ate a snack and then took a nap with the cats.  I slept about 2 hours.  I did not sleep well AT ALL last night so I needed it.  Woke up with a mild headache but I beat it off without medication. It is lovely out, in the 80's, sunny and nice. I plan to sit outside for a while.  

That's it for now.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont think you should be spending 20.00 a week on candy.

Heather Knits said...

I spend about that much on Diet Dew but no one'w objecting.

This is an eternal benefit. Think of it as my $20 in the offering plate every week.

Plus I occasionally find an unwrapped piece and I get to eat it. LOL

Anonymous said...

Is it really the candy, or the Bible handout?
If Heather was tithing to a church, she would probably give more than that.