Thursday, March 2, 2023

Thursday morning

 I don't know if I mentioned it last night but a male employee got in trouble for talking to me. 

I think what flipped the switch for him he is not "native" and I took the time to learn how to say his name, he was impressed. I am"nice"he is "nice" we hit it off so we chat now and then,  a very light flirtation.  The most serious it got when I gave him some candy a few days ago and he said "You make my life sweet". So very innocent and harmless. 

He came over on his break to chat and my boss was having a bad day and let him have it!  He ran out of there like he got scalded!  I felt bad for him. 

There is another guy higher up the food chain we talk a little about horror movies now and then. Dad was a big fan and I used to watch a lot.  I am going to ask him about "Pitch Black" the next time I see him as I consider that right up there with Aliens as a good horror movie. 

Interestingly enough both guys are Latino it's a good thing I was already working on my Spanish.  I mean it's just common sense. I never had babies, but the Latino lady next door had 6.  Easy to do the math.  I have given up on the immigration thing it is way too late to fix now, better learn Spanish wherever you are.  

The cats are good but I woke up with a horrific headache. I managed to take some Excedrin, take a nice hot shower, take my antidepressant and allergy pill (neither is optional!). I need to make up a lunch but that's it. 

I am also working on my budget.  I need to pay the credit card, utilities, and I would like to give some money to World Missionary Press as well. 

There's Biscuit!  What a good boy. I figured out a while ago his Spanish name is "Galleta" (cookie).  So I think of him that way sometimes.  And Cleo would be "Pica" as she is spicy at the vet. I don't have a Spanish name for Spotty yet. 

I ride the bus home tonight. 

Oh and I tried out my "old" menstrual cup this week and it was very uncomfortable compared to the "new" $3 one I had bought off Amazon so I retired it and will just use the new one. I like it better anyway. I had my last cycle - if you can consider literally one spot of blood a day for 3 days a cycle - about a month ago. 

It's going to rain tonight but not for my commute.  That's it for now. 

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Stopping in today hi to my online and email friend of decades ow! I have to catch up but i love reading this post! Have you tried “Duolingo” i think that is the spelling it has helped me tremendously with my very weak Spanish> between that and the fact i am trying to learn the ukulele i am probably driving my neighbors nuts lol . I asked them to let me know if i bugged them but so far everyone swears they dont. You sound absolutely amazing i am going to walk my huge furry beast and dedicate time to catch up on your blog . Muck love and happiness your way!

Anonymous said...

When are your bosses not having a bad day?

Heather Knits said...

They are under a lot of pressure from above which is why I would NEVER consider getting into management again. Hopefully the worst one is off today.