Sunday, March 19, 2023

Sunday

 Well I had another case of cuddly Biscuit takeover of the computer chair.  

Friday night at work I had a lot of diet soda, at least one dose of Excedrin, and then a co worker's husband brought me a large cup of coffee. He is a very proud man and was quite upset the one time I did reject the coffee.  So needless to say I did not sleep well that night but Spotty came and laid by my head.  Last night I laid down for a little bit after work and he laid on my chest, purring. 

Work has been fine. I got a ride home Friday night of course and then Saturday I took the bus home, handing out candy as I went. 

The little bag of candy without a booklet has been quite popular at work, co workers like to come grab a lollipop.   Yesterday a coworker brought a lot of donuts and kolaches (a pastry wrapped sausage) for our team.  Someone from another team came over very sneakily (I was watching I don't know how she didn't see me), helped herself to the last 3 donuts, and left.  She knew they were not "her" donuts but they were "free" donuts and she couldn't resist, and probably told herself she was entitled (she is white). I was disgusted. In my book if someone brings donuts for another team you don't touch them unless you are invited. I asked the lady who brought them if she had told other teams about the donuts and she said no, they were only for us. So the "poacher" is on my naughty list.  

This is the woman whose very large, autistic,adult son came to the store and had a tantrum, breaking a display, because she had to work one day. She keeps bringing him to the store. He is over 400 pounds,has been referred by his doctor to a dietician who told them what to feed him. Mom? Tells me one day how happy she is she got the last 3 cocoa crispies or sugar pops or whatever damned sugar cereal it was that he likes because "He eats a lot for breakfast every day". So it is hard for me to respect her which means I need to be praying for her. 

I hand out my little lollipops or gums or whatever it is they like because I like to spread cheer,but only departments affiliated with us come for them,and management has told me they go after them too which is fine. Some people want the whole bag and I tell them no "so there is enough for everyone". And they understand. 

I need to take my shower and eat.  

And Biscuit took over my chair again.  

Work was hectic. One notable woman called me a bitch a few times, wanted a manager. Manager gave her a LESSON. 

That's it for now. 

No comments: