Saturday, March 11, 2023

The rest of my Saturday

 Well I had a pretty good shopping trip.  I got a tray of pork chops.  They had a nice tray of stir fry beef for less than $4. I have a wok...I decided to get it.  The first store did not have the assortment of frozen stir fry vegetables I have seen in my store but I sure wasn't going to ride the bus 2 hours each way on my day off. I did find it at the second store, a blend of water chestnuts, carrots, and broccoli.  I still had some shredded cabbage so I threw that in the stir fry.  

I am basically reverse assimilation I figure; I pick up cultures around me.  So I had black sesame oil and teriyaki sauce at home in addition to the wok.  And I found it funny Badia, the Mexican spice company,had a bag of sesame seeds (for seasoning) for 79 cents so I got some.  They were nice and fresh too.   I have some other Badia spices. 

So I figured I would have pork chops for breakfast and stir fry on my lunch. I shopped accordingly.  I already had lard for cooking the pork chops so I didn't need anything for them,but I did get the sesame seeds and vegetables for the stir fry. 

I also got another bag of Walnuts, I can always use them.  

I was really happy, last night I found a nice pair of black denim shorts with a modest hem, that fit great, in my room.  They are "Faded Glory" from Walmart so they are OLD but they look and fit great, so I got free clothes and wore them today. I had considered buying some at work but the modest ones were twice as much as the cheapo junior's brand.  

My trips were good.  I kept coming out of the building and the bus was half a block away headed to me. It was wonderful.  

After I put everything away I took a nap. Woke up with a headache.  Found the last of the Excedrin I know I have more but where?! I don't know. So I hope it goes away and does not come back.  

Teenage boys in #6 next door were yelling at a puppy it was not clear if it's in their yard, telling it to "shut up".  #6 has had two dogs and both dogs only lasted a few months. They got the one dog, got rid of it (barked constantly and they had a new baby) and then another years later, got rid of that one too.   I think the dog lives at #8 though and not #6.  We will see.  I just hope I can sleep. 

I did find my Excedrin it was in with my allergy pills so I have another couple hundred doses now, let's hope I don't need them.  

It took a nap with Biscuit and then did my cooking, I cooked the stir fry first, portioned it out into 4 meals, ate a small bowl of leftovers,cooked the pork chops, ate a pork chop. I cleaned up the kitchen; I mopped the floor, did some laundry, and cleaned the bathroom.  

The dog is next door but the teen boys don't like it so I don't think it will stay long.  They have one boy has grown and moved out; 2 teen boys, 3 girls all of them living at home.  The last dog was the middle girl's.   But it takes a lot of love and patience to train a puppy. 

Kittens are great, get two of them together, they know their box and are good to go. I love 2 kittens together I will never get one alone again.  They are a lot of fun to watch. 

But I need to go to bed. That's it for now.  


 

No comments: