Monday, March 20, 2023

Monday

 I can't talk about certain things because they lead back to me.  I have learned my lesson on that so that is all we will say. 

I am guilty of gossip and that is not OK.  But I don't attack someone who's down and I won't let that happen on my watch.  My experience people in pain are already blaming themselves. They don't need other people kicking them. 

Now I am done. 

So work was pretty quiet.  I left and caught my first bus.  I thought it was funny he (driver) seemed a little guilty about running late even though he always gets to work around 4:30 on a weekday. I told him it was fine, tomorrow is my day off. 

I went to my transfer point and got on the next bus, got off at the Asian grocery store.  I bought some cute little baby Bok Choi, a Japanese Eggplant (the long skinny kind), some tofu, etc.  I don't know what Rau Hung is but it looked good and I can probably cook it up in my wok. I also got some black bean garlic paste (love that stuff, first started using it in CA), and some "double black" soy sauce. I also got a little tea. I went out to the bus stop and got a text my next bus had broken down so I had to wait a while. It was getting dark but still OK when I got home. 

I called Mom and Dad, made some dinner.  I am not doing laundry tonight. I am going to the other grocery store tomorrow to get some lunch meat, maybe. 

The thing I like about the Asian grocer, not only do they sell vegetables I can't find elsewhere, they use small local (like backyard) growers who bring reusable crates of fresh produce every morning; I've seen it. Prices are good too, I think, considering inflation.  It is a little bit of a pain to get there but it worked fine going "on the way home" so I would do that again.  

The cats are good. I plan to go to bed early tonight.  

That's it for now. 

No comments: