Friday, March 17, 2023

Friday morning

 Weather front came through last night and brought the migraine.  I took my Excedrin, then I spent some time in bed lying with all 3 cats, petting them, listening to them purr for a while before I got up.  

When I got up I decided to test the theory everyone has my headaches are related to high blood pressure.  I mean, every time I mention having a headache this comes up. So I checked it (had to change the batteries in the meter) and it was 114/79 with a heart rate of 68. I checked my blood sugar which was 116 but that is standard for me in the morning. 

I am getting a ride to work because it is still raining so I will definitely be OK to work. I'm going to take my shower.   

All done. I was reading in my daily Bible stuff a section on forgiveness.  I had a couple of groups I had to forgive, my family, for what was allowed when I was growing up; Ron's family, for how they trashed him after the accident, breaking his heart; and some people involved in the accident.  

My family was probably the hardest but God kept chipping away at me.  Ron's family God allowed me insight that helped: his uncle Rufus had a severe stroke about a decade, fifteen years before Ron's accident.  He promised Ron's parents a considerable estate if they would take him into their home and care for him until he died. They were too proud to ask for help and, due to his assets, he did not qualify for a lot of "free" help and everyone was too cheap to pay for assistance.  Ron's parents had their own health issues being the same age, and, as you can imagine, became completely burned out trying to care for him.  So when Ron got hurt they were thinking "Here we go again".  By the way uncle Rufus changed his will and left everything to a son who didn't even visit so Ron's parents did it all "for nothing" and you can imagine the bitterness and resentment they must have had.  

Their solution was to say I "could" take care of Ron, in their home, which would have meant I would be caring for 3 needy souls and would have done an excellent job of burning me out in short order, but God allowed Ron a couple of lucid days to convince his Dad to "let" me take Ron to our duplex. His brother and sister were angry at me because they felt I had fractured the veneer on what they saw as a perfect family.  His sister said something to the effect that everything had "been fine until you (Heather) came along". 

When told of the accident,they were saying things like "If he had a stroke we will just put him in a home not take care of him like we did with Rufus" and they were all in agreement on that except me.  BUT WE WERE NOT LEGALLY MARRIED SO I HAD NO SAY!  I had to literally get down on my knees at one point and beg Ron's Dad to sign papers for a lifesaving surgery. 

After hearing that I told the staff at the trauma center so they referred to his stroke as an "ICH" or "brain bleed" not using the stroke word ever around his family. I knew and the staff knew but I kept them ignorant and would do it again. 

After I "got" him Ron's sister came to the hospital and made a big scene screaming at both of us.  I walked out and she was very upset about that.  But I just said "You have no power over me" and left. A nurse's aide followed me without my knowledge going to talk me into going back to Ron if I looked in danger of leaving for good. 😂  Not likely.  Poor Ron had to lie there in bed and take it begging her to stop, until a nurse came in and threw her out. After a half hour or so I went back to Ron and took him home and I don't regret that one minute.  He had a good 15 years after that (the last 3 were pretty crappy so we won't count them). 

I didn't care really they had treated me badly, slandered me, etc.  But they hurt Ron deeply they wouldn't even take a phone call once Ron told them "Treat Heather with the respect due my wife or I don't want to hear from you again".  They took it as an "out" "He cut off contact".  It was hard to watch Ron after that on birthdays in particular he always had a very hard time and I wanted to slap them for that. 

The police officer may have stolen Ron's cash (he had $2K cash on him to pay a supplier), he did for certain falsify the accident report having Ron walk in the street backwards, etc. He failed to list the witness on the accident report,letting him off scot free.  I have been told a semi truck driver was at the intersection, saw Ron, told him it was safe to go, and our lawyer wanted to sue that guy.  But the Postal Workers closed ranks (he was a Postal truck driver I believe). Oddly enough I know this because his little boy (the driver's) confronted me one day saying things like "Why are you looking for my Daddy" and "After (Ron) got hit he fell down like he was dead,why didn't he stay dead?"  etc. So I had to forgive him. 

I had to forgive the other vendor,when Ron had the colon cancer scare several years back he told the other vendor he was worried what would happen to me if he died.  The other vendor assured Ron he would hire me, he did not. I was counting on that and kept waiting for the job offer, one reason it took me a while to actually start my job search.  But there were issues there so it is better I work for Walmart. 

But, to quote a Bible verse, thus far the Lord has helped me. 

It is interesting mornings I have a ride I have so much time to myself before I have to leave.  It is still raining so I am glad I arranged a ride even if the headache is better. 

No comments: