Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Tuesday

It was a busy day.  I got up, took my shower, got ready.  Aunt came on time.  I had her check all my property tax and approve it, then she sealed the envelopes.  We went to my bank to transfer money from savings, did that, got a little spending cash for me (rides don't pay for themselves), then went to Walmart.  Walmart trip was uneventful except for the fact I got some roach baits.  I mean, roaches are a fact of life in Houston but it is still embarrassing, especially knowing it would go on my employee discount.  I noticed the cold and flu remedy section was about wiped out and bought the last box of "day and night" tablets.  I am not sick, don't plan to be, but always try to have some remedy on hand if I do get sick.  So I got it, but it did go on the record, along with the roach bait, as I bought it using both my debit card and my employee discount.  So that's a little shameful.  Now Walmart thinks I am sick and have a filthy house.  

She (my aunt) offered to trim my hair sometime so we went to the beauty supply store.  I stopped, struck, by all the pretty hair dyes.  I found a lovely mauve.  It is semi permanent.  I can use it to put a streak in my hair, I have some white streaks.  I ran it by my aunt (I also had a very vivid little tub of Manic Panic in electric purple).  She said the mauve was better so I put back the Manic.  I also got some leave in hair conditioner.  And a comb.  I have been needing a comb for a while.  I plan to use the dye next week.  

So I went home and put everything away.  Since I had the money in my account, to cover the bills, we went to the Post Office to pay them.  I did that.  I also mailed something to Mom and Dad.  After that, lunch.  

But we're not done!  Then (amazing she still comes out to help me!) we went to Food Town to buy me some lemon pies in case I wake up with another bad headache.  I also got some more candy.  It has been hard to find individually wrapped candy, I did find some at Food Town.  I also found some, yum yum, vanilla moon pies.  

Some other notable things I bought today: a lipstick (Wet and Wild so not very expensive), I can't wear it with a mask of course but on a day out with no mask it will be an option, it's a nice mauve.  When I wore lipstick I always preferred mauve as it is more natural looking with my coloring.  I also got a 2 in one shampoo/conditioner.  I love those on work days as they get my hair clean and somewhat manageable.  I bought a 40 pound bucket of cat litter and now I have a free bucket once I use it up.  I also got a scoop to get the litter out, I am not pouring out of a 40 pound bucket I will guaranteed spill it or pour too much if I do.  

The cats are good.  Biscuit had a scare this morning.  He was sitting in my lap doing the purring, pet me thing and then he saw it... her rather... the neighbor!   Getting in her car next door!  And he ran and fled under my bed.  Poor thing.  He is very fearful.  He also hid when my aunt came but I think he was expecting her.  

A friend signed me up for a Christian newspaper.  I sent a copy to my uncle who loves to read Christian newspapers.  I think he will enjoy it.  I also sent the top of all the property tax bills - I guess you would call them the stubs?  Anyway I sent them - it has all my billing information, amount due, I wrote the check number on each one as well and circled the total.  I sent all of those back to my aunt I think she has a whole filing cabinet on my business.  

They (aunt, uncle, their family) are all doing well.  I need to go to bed pretty soon as I have to catch a bus at 8 tomorrow morning.  That's it for now.  


No comments: