Saturday, December 11, 2021

Saturday night

The cold front arrived, with a lot of rain, right before I left the house but I managed to stay dry.  I caught the first bus, no problem.   The second bus was almost an hour late, I don't know what happened there and I didn't ask.  I caught the last bus OK and still got to work early.  

I clocked in on time and did my worker bee thing.  One thing I can say everyone wants the Christmas socks now.  We had those a couple weeks ago but they sold out.  I think the store was afraid of getting stuck with a bunch of surplus merchandise.  One guy asked me for "The bulbs that go on a tree" but when I took him to the Christmas lights he then explained he wanted (it took a minute to get a clear explanation) ornaments.  I set him up with the ornaments but again, a lot of the Christmas stuff is gone.  We have a lot of toys in there now but that's it.  

I decided I am going to do my weekly Walmart shop tomorrow after work.  My aunt may be able to help me later in the week but this way she doesn't have to worry about getting me to Walmart.  And, if it works out, I may do this ongoing.  I am paying for the ride home anyway.  I am out absolutely zero dollars doing this.  And my driver is fine with this, I will just call him when I am ready and wait.   

It will be pretty hectic shopping during the holiday but I don't want to put anyone out, and I don't want to blow an extra $40 on transportation because I wanted to go Monday morning.  

God love him, #6 is having some sort of party with a bounce house, yes, you got it, RIGHT outside the wall of my bedroom.  He fails to understand someone lives and sleeps there.  Someone who has to get up at 4 AM tomorrow.  But it is pretty cold out so I'm hoping that ends the party soon.  It does make me think yes they are going to have a big blowout like they used to, for Christmas.  I am always quiet, he is not.  But they are at least tolerant of the cats.  

It was pretty hard to get my nap, though, all the screaming and the dog barking.  Oh, and the fire department came though on their trucks, lights and siren, towing a flatbed with Santa.  I waved at the big truck and he honked at me, I don't think many residents came out to wave.  I bet they are still talking about my taxidermy bear the day Ron died.  I was glad they could see my cheerful Santa door wrap so they know (if they remember the house) I am doing OK after losing Ron.  

I had a protein shake for dinner.  That is pretty filling and will get the old protein requirements.  A couple of co workers have been sniffly/coughing and I don't want the virus, whatever it is.  Only one way to do that, adequate sleep (I'm trying!) and proper nutrition.  So while it may be tempting to eat crap when I get home (not that I have much in the house), I need to get some protein on board so I can make white blood cells.  So I am doing that.  

Tomorrow is my Friday I am hanging on to that.  The nice thing, if I get the shopping done with tomorrow I don't have to worry about doing that Monday or Tuesday.  

Anyway that's it for now.  (((Hugs))) 

No comments: