Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Wednesday night

 Encouragement is so important for someone like me.  That's why I was so happy to see the card in my mail.  C, I am certain you are always great to Walmart employees.  I am sure you already say please and thank you which puts you miles above some, and speak to them with respect.  Another thing you can do is get their name, don't ask, read it off the badge - because the people who ask are generally "Karens" who want to cause trouble/firing for the employee.  But discreetly read the name and then when you go home follow the link on the receipt to take the survey, be honest and then when they ask do you have anything else to add mention the employee by name.  That will go well for them, it is a little work for you, though.  

I went to bed and slept a couple of hours with Biscuit, he is a good buddy for that.  I got up, no shower all day, a little ITCHY if you get my drift.  I got on the computer for a while and then decided to wash the sheets.  My pillowcase looked greasy and I just wanted to feel like I had a fresh, welcoming, bed.  So I herded cats off the bed, stripped the covers, BOY I have a lot of layers on the bed: flat sheet, fleece blanket #1, fleece blanket #2 (used to be Ron's), quilt.  And I have even more layers I add to the bed if it gets really cold.  I have a pretty good draft in my room from the cat door.  

I only washed the sheets because that was what was touching my skin.  Then I took a shower.  Yesterday I picked up a bar of Axe soap.  I know, you're thinking that ghastly cologne young men overapply, but this was a mint/citrus blend and I like it.  So I used that soap, like it, will buy more.  "Refreshing Phoenix" I will have an eye out for more bars.  I have a weakness for a nice bar of soap which pairs nicely with depression and not wanting to get into the shower.  I will, for a nice bar of soap.  

Then I used my hair cream, too much as it turns out, it was kind of greasy.  It is a Garnier Fructis product let me - sleek and shine that is the name of it, in a lime green squirt bottle.  I put it on my part, and my ends.  My hair is still wet so hard to say how it will look when dry, I'll let you know.  It isn't greasy now.  I just used a basic "depression" clarifying shampoo only partly as a test.  That stuff gets my hair clean but doesn't do much else.  I want to test it out before I have to go to work, what if it was awful and I didn't have time for another shower, had to go to work like that?  

There is a guy I "like" at work he is a very kind man but I don't believe he's a believer so that's that.  Bible is really clear on that: he has to belong to the Lord.  It is too hard, I have seen this on message boards, to have a marriage where the husband is pulling in one direction and the Lord is pulling in another.  Plus some things we do - like stay in a "bad" marriage with a verbally abusive husband (wink, nod), seem incomprehensible to the unreached.  

And, being unreached, there is really only one relationship I can have and that is praying for his salvation and of course being nice and respectful as I am with everyone else.  I hope I am good to everyone.  I try.  

Of course I am a sinner and only Jesus saves me from that but He does want me to try to honor Him in my actions.  

So we will see what it does for my hair.  Tonight is a good experiment and if it goes badly I just wash it out before work tomorrow when I do my shower.  

I was a little peeved at my Women's devotional Bible.  It has various devotions mixed in with the actual Bible readings.  Not every day at least as far as I can tell.  But today mentioned being "Nice and respectful" to homeless people.  

I don't treat them badly but I don't give them attention, especially on the bus, as they are unpredictable.  Most are also mentally ill.  It's like this one customer I had a week or so ago, clearly manic, monopolizing every employee that came near her, asking bizarre questions and oversharing about her personal life.  Her whole conversation could have been slimmed down to "Do you have any dresses?  Do you have any other sizes in the back?"  And that is a funny thing, everyone thinks we have a huge amount of stuff "in the back".  The back storage area is smaller than my whole yard.  Not much bigger than my house, actually.  Everything we get at my store goes right out to the sales floor.  So, no, we don't have more/alternates in the back.  

I am polite to homeless/mentally ill/drug addicts but I don't make eye contact and I don't talk to them if at all possible.  It was my experience in San Francisco if you gave them a speck of attention they would start bothering you, getting in your space and demanding money.  I don't need that and frankly there are some scary people out there riding the bus so I do what I can to avoid all that.  

I finally got my dinner and pills.  I had one frozen burrito and one corn dog.  So if I want more I will have to buy them.  They were predictable which is something I wanted.  And my pills will be happy with them.  My sheets are working away in the washer.  Baby Girl is on my tablet (I keep it in a case).  I have a neoprene type case for it and them a rubber bumper type case for the actual tablet, it all fits together nicely.  Dad got me the tablet a couple years ago for Christmas when he found out I only had a desktop.  I take very good care of it and it doesn't seem to mind Baby Girl's attention.  I keep all my Bible study stuff on that, e-Bibles and devotionals, and do my best to read it twice a day.  When I finish reading, I give her treats so she likes to be near it when I'm on the computer.  I am old school I prefer a desktop for actual internet although I have done some searches on the tablet.  I mainly use the tablet for reading the books I've downloaded so you could call it a fancy Kindle.  It's a Fire 10 although I think they have newer ones now.  It works for me and fills a nice niche in the faith program.  

Baby Girl and I have reached a compromise in the grooming.  She allows a small amount of grooming now and then and I try to keep it quick.    

Torbie has had such an appetite for treats I did a Ron favorite; the "All American Treat-Out" we first did this back in about 2012 with Bubba, we gave him a huge bowl of cat treats and let him eat all he wanted.  I did that with Torbie just now and she had a very good time, made a good effort.  I just hope she doesn't get sick in my bed as I just washed all the bedding.  

I did a little research and about 2% of widows remarry (which reflects my family history of 3 widows who remained single), and 20% of men.  Those are really dismal rates.  Maybe it really does get better.  That's it for now.  


No comments: