Saturday, December 4, 2021

Saturday morning

 Yesterday was pretty uneventful.  A coworker "let" me overhear some private business which I will respect, she wouldn't have done that if she didn't trust me not to blab.  And I won't, even with a bad worker at work I don't tattle (I hate tattlers) because their misdeeds will catch up with them eventually.  If I am asked a direct question I answer honestly.  

So I did the work thing and came home.  I did arrange a ride home for me Christmas eve and New Years so that's good.  Jack was busy.  I got the schedule today a very long day (9 hours) Christmas eve so I will get a ride both ways.  And I even have 2 days off in a row that week so that is awesome.  

I am sorry I can't discuss my job more but after last year's stalking/report to APS I need to be careful.  I work at a Walmart in Houston.  I have co workers.  I may or may not deal with customers.  They are very good about paying me, breaks, and lunches the kind of thing an employee cares about.  

I found a rack at work with women's underwear on it, 6 packs for $5, which is really $4.50 with my discount.  I was wanting to get some in a smaller size as I lose weight and for that price I can afford it.  I didn't shop on the clock although tempted, if I'm honest, and I didn't want to keep Jack waiting if I wanted to shop after so I said to myself I will do it this morning before work.  We will see how that works out.  The colors are not enticing but I can live with that, it's about half what "the good stuff" would cost.  That, I can carry home on the bus (will be a bus both ways day).  

It is apparently pretty warm today so I likely won't bring my jacket.  I will be traveling home in the middle of the afternoon so I definitely won't need it then.  And it is less to drag me down.  

I talked to my Dad last night he is doing pretty well.  He is very active socially which I think is great.  I know Ron's isolation, at the end, did not help.  But he was scared of getting sick so I respected that.  

My black shoes finally gave out on me after about 6 months, that seems to be how long work shoes last for me, but I didn't pay big bucks so that is fine.  I put them over by the exercise bike I can use them for that, or taking a walk.  Or donate them they are not in bad shape just not as bouncy for my feet.  

I just got some new shoes which I will try tomorrow.  I ask a lot of my shoes, a lot of walking to/from bus stops, standing at bus stops, standing and walking at work.  They are developing that lot near my subdivision so that makes navigating the path a little tricky as well.  The support socks are very helpful.  Let me put up a link.  socks.  They feel good, can get on without too much difficulty, don't get sweaty, don't stink, wash well (I air dry).  So most days find me reaching for the socks.  I made a mistake, I ordered a pack, liked it, and ordered a pack which Amazon apparently sent to my parents.  I didn't complain saw it as my fault, even though my parents said they never got them.  So I opened a package of ant bait I had bought about the same time, a month later, and lo and behold the socks.  So I have 2 packs.  The nice thing about my packs all the socks were wrapped up individually so you could gift them if you wanted.  And they wash easy I like Gain just so I know they are super fresh.  

One thing I have been doing lately: take my medication to work in a little vial.  I can "eat" them with my dinner.  That has been working out pretty well although one day I did get a headache (which can happen).  I have aspirin in my bag though so I just took some of that.  Today is a shorter day so I won't be doing that.  

Oh, and Personnel finally fixed my schedule.  I can only work until 10 PM and she fixed it.  Otherwise I was scheduled until 11, left at 10, they would have to fix it.  She said she would get it and she did.  So that's good.  I really feel respected at Walmart and I don't care if they read that.  

I worried I would end up in some horrible job like the one I had when I first came to Houston, with someone shouting at me all day and doing her best to make my life a living hell.  That is not the case.  One of the managers barks a little - actually two of them, but I don't take that personally.  They are just trying to motivate the employees.  And NO I don't want to be a leader.  I feel like I do a good job where I am.  And making enough to live on.  

Oh we got an escrow check from the mortgage company so that will cover some serious bills for a while.  That is a big load off.  I was smart, I think, and told my aunt I will need help managing what I am going to get from Ron's account plus this and my tax return (God is very good to me, remember after Ron died I only had $16 in my account?).  I don't want to be stupid with it.  She was a CPA so I trust her advice.  Some of it will go to emergency cash fund (which I hide in a place Ron devised), some of it in checking, and some of it in savings.  I want to designate a small amount for fun money for me.  But most of it will go into savings.  

At any rate I need to get going, that's it for now.  

No comments: