Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Tuesday evening

  My aunt came and we ran some errands.  I forgot to bring the utility bills but can likely handle that at work.  We ran to Walmart (not my store) and got groceries, some health and beauty supplies.  I am honest enough to admit I was vain enough to get the whitening toothpaste as I am not happy with my teeth.  I also got some frizz control hair products as that has also been an issue with me.  I liked the one product did not have a strong fragrance.  

And, admiring my teeth in the mirror, they do look appreciably better after one brushing (Optic White Renewal).  To be completely transparent I will also share I got a tooth whitening rinse as well.  I won't impress anyone if I look like some sort of hillbilly with nasty teeth.  I am still wearing the mask at work but I do eat snacks and drink soda, so the mask is off for that.  If someone walks by and I want to smile at them I want to feel like I can.  

I also got some hair smoothing products because my hair can get frizzy, especially when it's humid.  It isn't what I would consider a professional look.  I may only work part time but I want to look like a team member.  And, again, if I want to consider dating at some future point I would like to have a self care routine down and comfortable with it.  And also to be a functioning member of society, you know?  I have to hold myself to A standard, which I admit I have not always done in the past.  Oh, I was always clean but I didn't care about my hair, skin, etc.  

I don't plan to do a skin care routine other than a little lotion now and then and my face wash, no makeup, won't dye or style my hair, but I can at least have it frizz free (sounds like a hair product) when I put it up in the pony tail.  

Oh I forgot I need to take out the trash (it comes tomorrow).  OK that's done.  I don't mind blocking my own driveway if no one is coming over tomorrow.   

And it's that time of the year for the Ferrero Rocher chocolate commercials.  My father in law brought me a box after Ron's accident, he was so shy about it.  It was incredibly sweet.  

And oh that is so sad.  A doorbell rang on TV and the cats ran and hid.  My guys aren't exactly social BUT Spotty and Biscuit don't hide anymore when my aunt comes to visit.  

So back to Walmart I also got some good food things like salad mix.  We came home, I put my stuff away, we packed Dad's boxes and then went to the Post Office.  And it was amazing, no one in the parking lot or lobby.  The clerk recognized me.  Rather, he knew me "from somewhere" so I told him.  

Then we got some lunch.  Came home, she left.  

I did exciting things like check the mail, do up my pill box.  I had too much caffeine to take a nap.  I talked to my Dad.  He has an ongoing joke about Christmas presents and I got to hear it again today.  :)  One day I will miss that joke.  He was happy to hear he got two boxes.  He got 5 items total 2 of them were bigger so one big item in each box and then the other items around that.  I hope I packed everything well enough, nothing was exactly breakable but could be damaged with enough force.  They will let me know when they get it.  

I did tell them they could open their stuff now if they wanted, or they can wait until Christmas and I think they are going to wait.  For Dad's bigger gifts I put them in bubble mailers and sealed them before I put them in the bigger flat rate box.  

And I do love me a good flat rate mail box.  I know what I am paying.  I have gotten some rude shocks at times.  Ideally I would send little packages off to my loved ones now and then but transportation...ah.  My bane.  

Anyway that's it for now.  

No comments: