Monday, December 13, 2021

Monday morning

 So: yesterday work was fine.  I was busy but did have some downtime which I appreciated.  I did my shopping after work and got some fruits/vegetables I will actually eat.  I like the mandarin oranges they are easy to peel.  

I came home in the cab and added an extra $5 on the tip because he helped with the groceries and was very nice about it.  He actually got everything in one trip.  It took me about 10 minutes to put everything away.  Then I took a nap.  Got up, called my parents, they are fine.  

I finally remembered I wanted to put some little tinsel trees near Ron's urn.  I kept thinking about it when I was away from the house but I remembered at home, went out in the garage.  I had bought these little trees and put them on top of the vending machines every Christmas.  When I left the new vendor didn't want them so I took them home.  I don't really have room for them in the house (except one I put in a window) so I just left them in the bag out in the garage.  But I wanted to do something with his urn.  

I finally remembered the trees, at home, and immediately went and got 2.  


I may exchange the gold one for a green and silver tree I think that might go better with the urn.  But you get the idea.  

I also got a photo of the tree.  

The Amazon thing on the floor is my Aunt's present.  The shoes I am going to donate 2 pair to a ministry.  

Speaking of ministry, I have been disappointed in the Salvation Army lately.  I always used to donate to them but they stopped taking good stuff, made me wait a month (when I get it ready to donate I want it out of the house) so I started donating to Purple Heart Veterans who would come in a day or two.  Also Texas Thrift has a ministry I think Acres of Hope they do good work as well so my next donation would be to them.  Then Salvation Army went woke and basically said I am a horrible human being because I was born white (presumably although I hear I have some Native blood).  That did it for me.  I don't need to fund woke social justice warriors.  I was married to a black man for 29 years.  I changed his diaper and I would do it again.  I love black people.  They are my neighbors, my drivers, my friends, my co workers, and my customers.  They provide me with a decent life and I appreciate it.  I would never devalue them.  I don't need someone pointing a finger at me.  

So they're out.  I heard about the horrible tornadoes up north (from Texas everything is "up north") and wanted to help.  I looked up Samaritan's purse they are still Biblical, doing evangelism while lending a helping hand which is exactly what I wanted so they got a little money.  They already have boots on the ground in the affected areas.  If you are looking for a good relief agency and are a Christian I think they're great.  They made the donation process easy as well. 

Ideally I would sponsor a child through Gospel for Asia, and do a monthly debit for Samaritan's purse in addition to what I am doing, but I am doing some already and I do have a budget.   God knows my heart.  Not to mention the amount of money I spend on the candy evangelism!   I did find 3 more bags of hard, wrapped, candy yesterday so I was happy.  

I did a load of laundry and went to bed early.  That was last night.  I had bought, and drunk, some plain eggnog (no alcohol) last night so that woke me up as my body has a thing about lactose.  I knew that which is why I did it on my day off.  That is fine.  I am actually down half a pound this morning.  I am pretty happy about that.  

I got some things like tuna pouches, crackers, yogurt raisins, etc. to put in my lunch as I will be having some longer days.  But today I am off.  

My aunt is out of town and having a good time helping her son and family move into a new house.  "It's a very nice house" she says.  A lot of her family all live up north now but she is in no hurry to move just yet so that's good for me.  

I do think I will keep up with buying the groceries after work on my "Friday" nights.  That will take some pressure off her and I am paying for the ride home anyway, so I'm only out whatever extra I tip for helping with the groceries.  

Today's plans: take a shower, finish the laundry, do my God time.  Relax.  Ron looks very festive now with the trees, I like it.  I think I will decorate his urn for the seasons.  Maybe with those round things you use for the centerpiece?  Then I can put it down over the top of the urn.  Just an idea.  

Spotty is a silly boy.  I fed them all wet food for breakfast but he doesn't like wet food, so I put down some dry for him which he is eating like it is the finest meal in Houston.  It is pretty cute.  He is pretty cute.  I think I will keep him.  😂

That's it for now.  





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the trees by the urn. Festive and a nice reminder about Ron.