Sunday, December 19, 2021

As advertised...

 Yesterday morning was pretty uneventful until I got on my last bus.  About 2 miles from my stop a manic guy got on.  He was bouncing all over the bus, pestering the driver, trying to talk to the passengers, blocking the exit straddling the aisle with both arms up above his head grabbing the safety bars "I need to stretch".  I got up as the bus came to a halt, barreling down the aisle me and my heavy tote bag, he got out of the way.  He was desperate for someone to listen to him.  Unstable.  I was dying to tell him to take his lithium, already.  I did not.  Praise God he did not follow me.  

Work was pretty uneventful yesterday and today but some people around me were sick, two had a nasty cough and a couple more with sniffles.  I am taking all my supplements.  

It is busy of course, Walmart at Christmas, I would be deeply worried if it wasn't busy.  It is nicely so, brisk but not overwhelming.  Not as yet at least.  

I have been thinking a little about the guy I consider forbidden fruit as I do see him at work.  He does not know.  I have been friendly when we talk but that is all and I haven't spoken to him in over a month.  My default with men is to think they are unsaved and treat them accordingly: OFF LIMITS.  Been that route and it is hell.  Not going back.  Besides I really do intend to work on my relationship with Jesus before I look to date.  

And I can always work on my time with Him.  I took a cab home today and glad I did.  I am doing laundry, I had a huge mountain in there (laundry room).  How does one person make so many clothes?  I don't remember this many when there were 2 of us!  I had 3 pair of jeans, for instance.  I don't remember the third pair.  At any rate I used 2 Gain packs and one Tide.  I figured they could compliment each other.  I need to check and make sure the dryer is empty, I hate opening the door with an armload of wet clothes and there's something in there.  

It is cold (to me) today so I am wearing wool socks.  My Mom told me a story her and a friend went to Walmart.  Her friend bought a pair of those cozy slipper socks with the rubber grip dots on the sole.  And took a header wearing them and broke her foot.  I now think of those socks as "Death socks".  I had a customer looking for them today (I did not call the socks death socks) and took her over to the department.  They didn't have much left.  I think everyone is getting socks for Christmas.  So I just wear regular wool socks and my fake crocs.  I have a nice collection of cozy wool socks.  And YES I wore a pair over my support socks, to work today.  It was cold at the bus stop but a lot of people riding anyway (must have been going to work like me).  I used to resent getting socks and underwear for Christmas but that would be great.  I have plenty of socks though, and I won't share my underwear size.  That's the last thing I need someone sending me lacy things.  I don't need the acne soap, though.  I always got that in my stocking.  Yes, I could use it but why not buy it for me other days?  I never got that.  

Anyway I have developed a little skin care routine.  I use acne wash or Cetaphil generic in the shower depending on the grease level.  Then I use a rose towelette before bed.  Last night I was lying awake in bed thinking I really should have done an allergy test on a part of my face before I wiped my whole face, neck, etc. down.  But I was OK.  

And VERY unhappy with my decaf coffee, which was not!  I drank a pot with 4 cups (24 ounces) of coffee and laid awake for over an hour after I went to bed.  It was not decaf!  I know caffeine's effect and that was it.  What?  That was a COLD blow.  And I needed that hour.  So a little bitter toward the coffee if you'll forgive the pun.  

Happy with my diet, I had a mandarin orange, and cups of salad.  My hot dog buns were whole wheat.  I took everything as directed.  I have about an hour before I have to go to bed.  That is the nice thing about taking a cab, I give myself 2 hours.

I may go to bed early, that is sounding good and I am actually tired unlike last night.  

No comments: