Thursday, December 16, 2021

Thursday

 Work wasn't long but the commute was.  I had 2 homeless guys at my bus stop, begging, while I waited on my ride home and the one wanted to talk.  That wasn't fun.  When the bus came he almost passed me up (I may or may not have been told by multiple bus drivers they pass up the homeless riders as they never mask up, don't pay, attitude, etc.).  I think the driver recognized me and he did stop, shut the door immediately after I got on but the one guy came running up with his garbage bag banging on the door, so he had to let him on.  The guy got on, reluctantly put on a mask, and proceeded to put his trash bag in the seat!  YUCK!  This is why they make laundry sanitizer.  

I am not sorry: I see every "homeless" person as a drug addicted (alcohol included), non compliant mentally ill individual.  They could get help but they won't accept the diagnosis or take medication (have been told by more than one homeless).  Most of them are chain smokers as well.  There are a million ways to get back on your feet in Houston if you are motivated.  So I don't feel sorry for them at all.  I have had a lot of up close encounters over the years, riding the bus.  San Francisco was particularly bad.  They all felt completely entitled to money I had spent all day earning.  That seems to apply in Houston as well, I have yet to meet someone I felt was a true victim.  That said I had no problem donating to the real homeless victims of the storm up in Kentucky.  

I got home eventually and relaxed a little, made a big salad with some tomatoes.  I did Italian dressing this time, it was good.  I also had a couple of cheese dogs because I was tired and did not want to mess with a big meal.  Then I took my medication and called my parents.  They are doing well I am encouraging them to go work out every day.  That can only build strength for them, cardio capacity, etc.  

I went to bed early and had a nice long sleep.  I am up now, somewhat depressed but will take my antidepressant in a minute.  No headache.  Cats are good.  I just need to take my collagen/antidepressant, take my shower, do my God Time.  I also put my PM pills in my little vial so I can take it to work, take that with lunch and then just have a salad when I get home.  I bought a pound of salad mix I am going to be a while eating it.  

Weight still down to 205 so I am happy about that.  One more pound and it is 40 pounds lost, and better than halfway to goal (170).  I want to lose while I still can, I hear it is a lot harder once you stop having periods.  I still do so I want to take advantage.  Speaking of I am due in about a week.  I will probably wear a pad today just to be safe.  

I'm going to go get that shower.  Done that and all ready to go to work.  I talked to Jack he will be there tonight.  I just need to put my lunch bag into my tote bag.  I like to buy a double cheeseburger at McDonald's and put that in the cold bag, then store for my lunch on the shelving.  The fridges at work are packed, especially now, and the doors often pop open anyway.  So I am better off with my little cold pack.  Tomorrow I am getting lunch with my aunt so I will probably just bring my PB&J if I get hungry for my lunch period.  

I am happy my size 18's I got at the thrift store fit great.  They are very comfortable to wear, one is a lavender/mauve color and the other is a slightly faded magenta.  It is obvious these were well loved jeans at one point.  I wonder if she gave them up because she gained weight, or lost it?  I won't know until Heaven.  

Ron used to , like a lot of really intelligent people, have a lot of questions for God.  I used to tell Ron God would download all the answers to him the minute he "graduated" - that's what we used to call death.  He used to get so mad when someone died and call them a lucky b@stard.  He couldn't wait to go back which is why I don't feel bad for him.  I feel sorry for myself stuck down here but him I am happy for.  

And I am thinking I am going to see if my cab driver friend can take me to work on New Years day.  I am certain I will be working.  If I am maybe I can catch him to work because they party pretty hard around here and will go until 1 AM, and I have to catch a 7 AM bus to work.  You can do the math on that.  First let's get through Christmas eve. 

First, let's get through today.  Sometimes the whole work thing feels overwhelming but I am fine once I get there and actually start working.  

That's it for now, may post later.   

 

No comments: