Monday, December 6, 2021

Monday

 I had some excitement this morning.  First off I slept OK last night.  I remember the alarm going off at 3; I remember "hitting the snooze".  I remember the other alarm (I have two as you will see momentarily) going off and don't recall anything until I woke up at 5:30 with a hungry cat sitting on my chest.  I had to catch the 6 o'clock bus.  I did it but it wasn't pretty.  I actually got to work early.  

I will be moving my second alarm to further away in my room so I can't reach out and shut it off.  Clearly something I need to do.  

I did decide to banish my supposed size 19's for a while.  They were (strained voice) very tight today.  My other 18's and the other pair of 19's are OK but this pair I don't think was made to pattern.  They were uncomfortable all day and will be going in the skinny box when I wash them.  

I have a problem with jeans: my waist is about 2 sizes larger than my hips.  For a long time it was the other way around.  I have to assume this is hormonal changes.  At any rate I fit the waist and have loose hips or I fit the hips and have a tight waist.  I am opting to fit the largest (in this case, waist) measurement and just have baggy hips for now.  This may adjust as I progress on the weight loss journey.  I also dug out 2 pair of jeans from the garage, fit great in the waist but looser hips and I will just deal with that.  I need clothes to wear and don't want to go shopping right before Christmas.  

Work was OK.  I really like helping customers.  I know that sounds geeky but it's true.  I was happy to get out of there, though.  

I got home quick (cab).  This morning Baby Girl was adorable she ran up to me as I was leaving and followed me about half a block, meowing cutely.  I spoke quietly to her and told her I would be home soon.  Then I left.  First bus I had to hop around to get his attention but he did stop.  Second bus said he couldn't miss me in my (reflective, safety orange) vest and safety light.  

#6 hired a man to clean the leaves out of his yard, he is just putting them into my yard.  Lazy.  Not to mention they will be back with #6 the first time the wind blows.  I guess no one rakes anymore?  Admittedly it is my tree dropping most of the leaves on the block.  

Ron's check has been put into the estate account and then we can access it in a few days.  I will be glad when this is over Ron's bank just made this an awful process.  I haven't decided if I am going to name and flame or just leave it be.  They are not the bank they used to be, I will say that.  Ron and I banked with them for over 30 years.  I am just glad I have my personal account somewhere else.  

My aunt will be very busy this week so it remains to be seen if I will see her.  She is very busy with pressing other family business, nothing too bad but someone is moving and taking grandkids with them so that is hard.  Maybe helping me takes her mind off?  I don't know.  

I wanted to take a nap but couldn't sleep, when I got home.  I only had about 300 mg of caffeine today but that was too much!  I will go to bed early tonight.  I finally rounded up my wool socks and put them in the wash along with the "lights".  I did "darks" last night (washed and dried about halfway, will finish tonight).  That's it for laundry if you don't count today's cloth mask (I forgot to put it in with the wash) and the washable Walmart mask (also cloth) they gave me at work today.  I have no problem with the temperature check by the way.  I would rather know none of my coworkers came in with a fever that day.  I don't mind wearing a mask at work because protection goes both ways; and a lot of customers come in to shop, sick.  

I need to wash the sheets but they can wait until tomorrow.  Then I can put the nice sheets on for a bit.  But I don't want to do it today.  

I was OK at work but moderately depressed now.  I will be OK, I always am, but I didn't get to do my God Time this morning (while I'm devout I'm not missing the bus over it).  I think I will go hit that now.  More, later, maybe.  

No comments: