Saturday, July 28, 2018

You can do your shopping on Tuesday

I woke up tired.  I kept hitting the snooze alarm, much to Biscuit's distress.  I got up and fed him. 

Last night the cats were begging for food, so I gave them a can (low carb) of wet cat food.  They (and the possum, most likely) ate everything.  I fed them their dry food for breakfast and got ready for work. 

We had a long ride to the warehouse, we had 2 pickups and a drop off.  We pickup an elderly man who didn't speak a word of English, and took him to dialysis.  If I have a medical condition and am living in a "foreign" country, I am going to learn the local language so I can communicate.  But that's just me.  I think it is foolish for people to come here, not speaking English, and expect everyone to learn their language.  #6's wife has done that - can't speak a work of English.  What if something awful happens?  She will have to go around to bystanders begging for someone who speaks Spanish.  If something happens to  one of her six kids and she comes over here, I won't understand what she's saying.  That should keep her up at night - people don't understand you.  It's very simple, you move to a country, you learn the local language.  If I moved to Mexico I would damned sure learn Spanish. 

I am sure I will get some flames for that.  Well, this is my blog, and I live in America.  I am still allowed to share my opinions. 

Then we picked up the cart lady, she travels with a big folding cart and likes to go shopping on weekends.  It is a source of constant surprise to me, seniors, and disabled, who don't work, only do their shopping on the weekend.  You don't work!  You can do your shopping on Tuesday!  Instead they bog down the service on weekends with all their shopping trips, and overload the vehicles with all the purchases they make. 

We finally got the the warehouse.  They had Ron's favorite, lemon cake.  I set him up with a slice and did the shopping.  We didn't get a whole lot, maybe 2/3 of what we normally buy, but we had arrived so late (due to the other passengers and trying to stuff the cart in the cab) I had to rush. 

I got everything and paid.  Jack came quickly and I found a "boyfriend" as I call "my" cart attendants, to help us out.  He did a great job. 

Off to work.  We got the truck unloaded and Jack left.  I brought everything inside. 

#1 the bottled vendor was empty.  We had to get that rascal filled. 
#2 I had to put away all the crap.  I had 3 carts and only room for 2. 

I got all Ron's stuff for the bottled vendor (over 10 cases) and gave that to him.  He got to work on that while I got to work on #2.  We got it all done (Ron did most of the bottled vendor, I only helped with the high up parts, and un-ringing the Cokes). 

We finished up and went home.  Our driver was in a really bad mood, not very talkative, but not evil or anything.  We got home fine. 

Ron got stuck in the garage, again, trying to get some vodka.  He literally could not get in the house.  That was sobering for me.  Ron really can't live on his own anymore. 

I took a nap, had a pretty good one.  Torbie slept with me for a while. 

By the way, I found Torbie playing with my shoes again, this morning.  She likes to pull them out, from under the couch.  She is pretty cute. 

I had a good nap and woke up with a headache.  That wasn't fun but I took some Excedrin and drank some Gatorade.  I am craving salt, so I think my sodium is low. 

I need to call my parents.  I also want to start organizing "my" counter.  It is a couple feet long, on "my" side of the kitchen.  It is pretty cluttered right now.  I want to make room for my tea, and my electric teakettle. 

I think I'm getting a little manic, I have an intense interest in tea right now. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not get a wheel chair he can use with electronic controls? I am sure he can get one for free from some disabled program somewhere.

Heather Knits said...

He's blind, they would never give him an electronic wheelchair. Especially, since, as "they" see it, he has me to push him around.

I have also heard horror stories of massively destroyed drywall with people who COULD see, using those things.

Nope, I am happy to push him into the house if that is the alternative.