Monday, July 16, 2018

Sometimes I have to pick my battles

So, migraine yesterday.  I slept horribly.  I finally got up around midnight and took some Excedrin, got on the computer for a while, and went back to bed.  I had Torbie there with me for a while, which was nice. 

I got a couple hours sleep and had to get up.  Ron shouted at me over the shoe on the floor, even though I was begging him to stop due to my headache.  He kept saying I didn't understand, he was in pain.  I told him I had been in pain all night but had not shouted at him once. 

He was in a bad mood most of the day.  I think it really angers him when I get sick, not because he feels bad for me, but because it reminds him he is dependent on me, and vulnerable without me.  That makes him angry and he lashes out at me. 

That is not OK, by the way. 

So he was surly and moody all day.  We went to work, did it all, went to the bank.  I got paid, although most of it goes to health insurance. 

We came home and I took a nap.  I slept pretty well but not long enough. 

We got up and went to Walmart.  The ride was very late.  We kept calling, they kept saying the driver was half a mile away, for half an hour, half a mile away. 

I figure she must have been pulled over in the subdivision somewhere, gossiping on her phone, because the drivers are not allowed to talk on their cell phones when they have a client in the vehicle.  She finally showed up, tried to pull in the driveway even though we had it blocked. 

We got in, Ron was Not Happy.  Neither was I, we had been waiting outside for over half an hour.  In 97 degree weather, because, after all, the driver was "just around the corner". 

The driver flinched when I made a sarcastic comment about her pulled over, talking on her phone.  Then she acted all shocked that Ron had called in a complaint on a driver who was late, and then stood around outside the vehicle, talking on her Bluetooth, some sort of relationship drama.  So I am betting she was pulled over, talking on the phone, for the half hour. 

And getting paid for it! 

We finally got to Walmart, very late.  It is a good thing Ron had planned to take a cab home anyway.  I did my shopping and picked up the couple things he said he wanted.  I had to get help from another customer, to get some washer cleaning tablets off a top shelf.  I wanted that brand because 1.  they work and 2.  They are what the manufacturer suggested I use. 

I got everything, including the litter.  Ron jumped the gun on calling the cab and I didn't have time to get his medication, or do my deposit.   So we have to go back because he was impatient. 

But he needs his medication so we have to go back.  We see his hematologist tomorrow, they may prescribe something for him.  If they do we will have to go to Walmart anyway. 

If we go tomorrow I won't need anything because I got all my "urgent" stuff today.  But I might get some salad greens, I should have today, but didn't. 

Planning to go to bed early so I can get some real sleep.  Right now Ron is sitting in the kitchen drinking so I can't make my lemonade.  He can get surly when I ask him to move out of the kitchen. 

I don't want to be that person who walks on eggshells, but a lot of times I find myself walking away from potential conflict.  For instance, his bath. 

He is supposed to see his doctor tomorrow, so he should take a bath and make himself presentable.  He has fought me on it all day.  I will try again tomorrow, but if he refuses I will say fine and take him to the doctor "dirty" and explain "I tried to get him to take a bath". 

Sometimes I have to pick my battles. 

No comments: