Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Another day out

I did my God Time and took a shower, after I got up.  I had a moderate headache so I took something and laid down.  But #6's yard guys showed up, mowing.  Biscuit fled in terror under the bed. 

Poor Biscuit is terrified of yard guys.  It makes me wonder if someone menaced him with a weed whacker or something. 

I tried to go back to sleep but it wasn't happening.  So I got up.  Ron went in the kitchen, drinking.  Oh, so it was going to be that sort of day. 

I drank some Gatorade and got rid of my headache.  I decided to go out.  I put one of my reusable bags into my backpack and got my bus pass. 

I walked out to the bus stop, caught the bus.  The battery died in my MP3 player.  I have had it for over 10 years.  I really like it.  So I went to a gas station and spent $5 on 2 AAA batteries!  Ouch.  But they were holding my music hostage. 

Why don't I put it on my cell phone?  Well, it's already on the player so I figure I might as well keep it there.  I bought some snacks and drinks, left, waited on the next bus. 

See, the place I wanted to go was on the other side of Highway 249.  It is about 8-10 lanes wide at the grocery store.  They drive like maniacs, no way is it ever safe to cross.  I wanted to ride up to 1960, cross safely there, and ride the bus back down to the import grocery store.  It's a little bit of a hassle.  About halfway through my trip, I resolved to take a cab next time. 

I finally arrived at the import grocery store.  I was hoping they had a teapot, the kind you put on the stove.  They had a lot of the kind you pour the boiling water into, after you have used the teapot, but no teapots.  I was hoping for an electric teakettle as well.  Nope.  I did buy some tea, sauces, spices, medicinal herbs, and broth powder. 

I missed the bus as I was leaving the store.  I had to wait 20 minutes on the next bus.  Then I rode down to my transfer point and caught my home bus.  Once I got off at my stop I had to walk a while to get home.  At one point, I was waiting at a bus stop.  The bus bench was concrete.  It was so hot it literally burned my butt, I had to stand up or risk a burn.  I also got hot and sweaty but it was a good excursion. 

At least I didn't have to sit at home and watch Ron get drunk. 

We are taking him to the doctor tomorrow.  He has refused to take a bath.  So he will go to the doctor dirty.  He uses bath wipes to clean up and stay fresh, but they are no substitute for a bath.  I will do my best to explain. 

But, like a social worker told Ron once (in reference to someone else), if they don't want to do it, you can't make them.  It will make quite a picture with all the scabs on his right side from when he fell last week. 

I drank some Gatorade when I got home and put away some of my stuff.  I found Ron's Xray report on his back and put that in the back of the wheelchair along with his latest ultrasound and blood work.  Docs love that stuff.  Never had one tell me "Why did you bring this?  I didn't need it!".  Never. 

I set my alarm for 3 hours before the pickup so I will have time to do my stuff, bag up some candy, and hopefully get Ron to take a bath. 

It will be interesting.  I need to remember to encourage him to drink water because the last time he went in asking for pain relief they wanted to do a urine test for narcotics. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you got out. You should do it once a week. It would give you something to look forward to. Maybe go look for yarn and a new pattern. Winter is coming. I just inspired myself to get a project started.