Monday, July 23, 2018

Ron was OK but the rest of the Monday wasn't.

Ron was fine today, just a little agitated at the end due to back pain. 

I slept horribly with the migraine, woke up exhausted and in pain.  Well crap.  Got up and took my shower anyway.  God love the Suave Clarifying shampoo, I didn't wash my hair yesterday (migraine) and it got my hair squeaky clean, fast.  Love that stuff. 

I got dressed and went to work.  I noticed a customer at work.  She has been difficult in the past, demanding, etc.  I just don't like people like that even though I know it is just a cry for attention.  Give them positive attention and they won't act out. 

But I'm not that evolved, yet.  I ignored her.  She was trying to buy something from the bottled vendor, and it wouldn't accept some of her change.  She started cursing and stomped over to me.  She showed me a handful of change - all foreign coins.  Complained they "wouldn't work" and she needed to "exchange" it. 

I told her it wasn't American currency, so it wouldn't work, and we didn't accept foreign currency.  She was basically asking me to give her a quarter so she could buy her drink.  We paid full price for our drinks, she can pay full price for hers.  It's only $1.25.  If she had come up and ASKED us to sell her a drink for a dollar, Ron very well might have done it.  He likes to be generous and give away a drink now and then.  But trying to jam the machine (and she knew better than to try to put them in the coin mech), and then DEMANDING we give her a quarter - no. 

She said she would get someone else to give her change.  She headed over to Ron.  I warned him she was trying to "change" foreign coins, which she had also tried to put into the bottled vendor.  Ron told her hell no, he wasn't "changing" her money, and asked her to stop putting foreign coins into the bottled vendor.  She said she would do what she wanted to, it escalated. 

Ron told her he didn't want her business anymore, and to shop with the other guy.  She yelled back at him.  I suspect she may try to sabotage the machine, I hope I'm wrong, but I'm going to keep a close eye on it for a while. 

Someone else stepped in and gave her a quarter.  She shut up and bought her drink, then stomped off to a table and sat there for an hour.  Who hangs out at work for an hour after they clock out, watching TV?  Someone without a life. 

Most people tear out of there as soon as they can, in fact I joke that's what put Ron in the wheelchair "He got between an employee and the door". 

I did my stocking, got my delivery, and helped Ron.  Ron has gotten used to me helping him, I think he would have a hard time filling the machines by himself. 

One of the employees said I was "looking sexy" today.  I was wearing a baggy tshirt and capris.  OK.  Maybe it's 'cause my hair was down?  I don't know.  I'm not a man, I don't know what all drives "sexy". 

I said thank you, and changed the subject. 

We finished up and left, went to Walmart.  They had the syringes but they would have to substitute a 27 for the other size.  That will be a little smaller and easier for Ron.  It took them a while to put it together. 

They gave us 10, for $4.  If needed I can apparently buy more online, but the "prescription" for the needles came with a couple of "refills". 

I went to buy some Gatorade, and they were pretty much sold out.  I bought 2 bottles and some powder.  I can make my own with the powder.  I also bought some drink mix. 

Ron wanted ranch chicken so I bought him a half pound from the deli.  I also got some bottled water, as we were running low. 

Then we went home.  Picking up the bottled water aggravated my headache again, so I laid down for a while.  Torbie joined me, she was adorable.  She likes to curl up near my head, and I love it. 

Unfortunately, I woke up with an even worse headache.  It's like a spider of pain coming from the base of my skull.  I took some Excedrin and drank some of my gatorade powder.  It helped for a little while, then I drank some more. 

I need to eat so I can take my pills.  I couldn't, yesterday, I was too queasy.  I laid in bed with a big bucket nearby in case I had to get sick. 

I have to eat tonight, and take my pills.  That's not optional.  I don't know what I'll eat, probably a can of condensed veggie soup.  I can do that with my pills and it should stay down. 

It's supposed to rain tomorrow.  I had planned to go out yesterday, probably can't tomorrow, not sure what I will do. 

I'm tired. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was concerned about your headaches so I looked online. My understanding is it goes hand and hand with bi polar not so much because of meds. Is your doctor aware of how often and severe your headaches are?

Heather Knits said...

He knows. We were joking my use of Excedrin should reduce my risk of heart disease.

He thinks is may be side effects, but has the opinion that I should endure it if it's not a health crisis. I tend to agree.

It is, IMO, more important to stay on top of the moods. Especially now!

I did find it interesting the Gatorade helped, a lot. Glad I have a big jar of powder. I will take a few carbs if it means I kill a headache.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the crabby lady “without a life” can’t drive like you can’t and had to wait for her ride after her shift ended. Try not to judge.

Anonymous said...

I guess you know what's best for you, but I feel for you.

Heather Knits said...

You mean the woman who TRIED to break out vending machines? After we told her what her actions would accomplish?

No, I doubt it. There are a couple of employees who use paratransit, got the idea seeing us use it, but they are all older and one of them can barely get out of the cab. The woman I'm thinking of is quite vigorous.

Thank God she did the "I'll ignore you if you ignore me" thing, after all the drama.

And with what they make she could have called a cab.