Thursday, July 19, 2018

Yes I finally did a day out, mostly for myself

So, how did my Day Out go? 

Pretty good.  I slept in until 8:30, got on the computer for a while, took a shower, got dressed, and went through my stuff.  I removed my Federal ID badge from my lanyard, and most of my cash from my wallet.  I put on a pair of cheap sneakers (in a bad neighborhood, you are always judged by your sneakers), and left. 

I went out to the bus stop and caught it pretty quickly.  I went to the drugstore suggested yesterday by the pharmacy tech at Walmart.  I went in and asked for the needles.  I am clean and presentable.  They said no. 

No sales without a prescription.  The internet needs to catch up with this information.  Ugh.  I bought some drinks, and a bag of chips, and left in disgust. 

I didn't call first because I wanted them to tell me in person.  I don't look like a junkie, but a voice on the phone could be anyone. 

I missed my bus, I actually saw it drive by as I was on the wrong side of a very busy street with traffic going.  I had to watch it drive away. 

But at least I knew I had time before the next ride.  I called my aunt.  I called Ron.  Ron started calling his doctor.  I drank some soda.  And there's my ride. 

I rode to the Vietnamese grocery store and went inside.  I was wearing a backpack, and they had a big sign "No backpacks".  I went in anyway, figuring they would confront me if they had a problem, but they did not. 

Like I said, I look pretty harmless, especially as I age.  I had fun shopping around.  I didn't find a teakettle, or much bouillon, but I found other interesting things.  I explored the store and got tea, cookies, seaweed "noodles", and some pate ($1.38) to bait the possum trap.  I tried to keep an eye to size, I didn't want a lot of stuff, just an assortment of stuff I could use or play with if I get manic. 

I don't really get manic anymore. 

I finished up, paid, and called a cab.  It was very hot, heat advisory weather, but I had cold drinks and had taken a salt tablet today.  It was also very bright, which may have been a factor in my later headache. 

The cab came pretty quick.  The driver was a black lady on a speakerphone with her adult son.  They were planning his birthday party - she agreed to bring fried chicken.  He was musing about what sort of cake he would like.  They had a very relaxed and natural conversation. 

I couldn't help but compare.  I don't think she tells him he can only call at a certain time, once a week, unless he is having an emergency.  I was happy for them and not bitter, just sad for myself, happy for them. 

I gave her a pretty good tip and hauled my huge bag of stuff (you saw it) into the house.  Baby Girl immediately went after it, sniffing everything. 

Going into the grocery, I immediately noticed the smell of exotic spices.  So I figured Baby Girl had plenty of interesting smells of her own.  I put away about half of the stuff. 

Ron had worked on sales tax all day, now he was drinking.  I put stuff away around him and he went back to bed.  I took a nap and woke up with a headache, had to take my fake Excedrin. 

I am waiting for it to kick in fully and then I will fill out the sales tax form.  We have to go in tomorrow to mail it, and then we're done for the day.  Saturday we do our supply run, go in, and stock. 

I need to eat, figure out something interesting to consume, and clean out the litter boxes after that.  A good wash of my hands after that and I may get into some of those cookies I bought today.  One of them looks like a Fig Newton, but with way more filling, and pineapple, at that. 

Sounds yummy. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather Knits said...

No, it was my Dad. So they had to find out about today's fall on Facebook.