Wednesday, July 11, 2018

No scan today

I heard a horrible squeaking noise last night, in the hall.  I was worried, I thought it was the possum.  I went and looked anyway, and found Ron, scooting on his butt, going toward the bathroom.  He managed to use it OK (don't ask me how) and got back to his room.  Later on, I found him in bed. 

I went to bed and slept OK.  Got up early, tired, hit the snooze button a few times.  Finally got up and fed Biscuit.  Biscuit has a new thing where he climbs in the food bin and eats food out of the scoop, before I can put it in the bowl.  He is very persistent.  Baby Girl goes nuts when he does it, meowing furiously. 

I got them settled and took my shower.  I cleaned Ron up and got him dressed.  He can do it on his own but it is easier for him if I help.  He has never told me not to help him get dressed. 

Then he went in the kitchen and ate a chicken alfredo.  I told him not to do it, it seemed like a bad idea, but he told me he was hungry. 

We got our ride, dropped another guy off at a medical office near our place, then we got dropped.  We went in and talked to the clerk.  Who told us that, because Ron had eaten, we wouldn't be able to do the ultrasound today.  Well, they could do it at 2:30 PM if we wanted to wait, or we would have to come back another day. 

Ron elected to come back Friday.  He was pretty upset but I told him not to eat.  In his defense, they didn't tell him not to eat. 

We went to a Starbucks and had a drink.  I called my aunt and told her what was going on, and after I hung up, my uncle called Ron a few minutes later (after talking to his wife, I presume).  He told Ron he needs to back off on the drinking.  Yeah. 

Then Ron called my adoptive Mom and chatted with her for a minute.  I told him she would like a phone call and I was right. 

Then we went back to our pickup location and waited.  There was a woman scowling and smoking on the only bench available.  I didn't want to reek all day, or inhale that stuff, so I stood a ways off. 

Ron kept telling me he wanted me to sit down, and I kept telling him I was fine.  When the smoker left I sat down on the bench. 

The driver came, she was a cat lover.  She told me about her cat, and, after dropping us off, got out of the car and showed me a picture of him on her cell phone.  Such a cute little tabby! 

I went in and took a nap.  Ron was upset he didn't get his fried fish dinner last night, so he asked Chuck to take us today, he bought Chuck dinner and gave him some gas money. 

I slept for a little bit, got up, and we left.  We had a good time but Chuck got sick - he has an ongoing issue but I don't have permission to talk about it.  So he couldn't drive us home. 

But we called a cab instead.  It went well, we got home fast, but we forgot to pay him!  He had to remind us!  Very embarrassing.  Ron gave him a good tip and our apologies.  The driver was fine, once he got his money. 

Now Ron is working on the accounting report.  Once he finishes it I will file it and make our online payment. 

We work tomorrow morning and then tomorrow afternoon I take the cats to the vet (by myself).  Chuck is scheduled to help, he should be OK by then.  If not I will have to call a cab.  That would be fun, 3 wailing cats in their carriers, in a cab.  I hope Chuck can do it. 

It's going to be interesting.  Oh, and we got our hospital bill.  After Medicare's portion we owe $1300.  Well, $1340.  Ouch. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1340 for an MRI is ridiculous and that is after Medicares portion which makes it even more outrageous.

Heather Knits said...

Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't clear. $1340 is for the hospital stay, drugs, etc. CAT scan, ultrasound, lots of bloodwork, getting a blood transfusion. Not bad when I look at it like that but $1300 could buy a used car - not a very good one, but, still.