Monday, July 9, 2018

A bar of soap?!?

Getting tired of this.  Last night I heard one of my dresser drawers jiggling up and down, and some other noise I couldn't identify, which turned out to be chewing. 

Chewing.  Let's talk about chewing.  I found some hats knocked off my bookcase and found a chewed up foam yellow cab on the bookcase.  A couple days later I found a chewed open, demolished, box of chocolates. 

And this morning I found a half-eaten full sized bar of soap in my dresser drawer.  Possums are omnivores, they will eat anything, as I have discovered.  Soap?  Really?  It even ate most of the wrapper. 

That's going to be one clean digestive system, that's for sure.  Half a bar of antibacterial soap would make a grown human sick.  I can only imagine what it will do to a young possum.   Ugh. 

So I didn't sleep well.  I got up, took my shower, got ready for work. 

I was getting my new carts today.  I also had to get a sandwich delivery and stock.  Our ride was late.  She is nice, but tends to run late. 

The delivery man called me while we were halfway to work.  He was nice enough to wait.  I got the delivery, stocked it, and helped Ron for a while.  He needed help stocking, I did that. 

Two of our soda machines were "down".  We had the repairman out to fix them.  I tested them after the repair to make sure they were working. 

I started stocking my machines, and the boss called.  He was out front with the carts.  I went out and he was in his government issued minivan.  Huh?  He said he could drop off my new carts, but he couldn't take the old ones. 

This is where I remind you I have 34 square feet in my stockroom.  I took the new carts, very pretty, very nice, about the right size - into the building, baffled.  How would I store 4 carts in my area? 

I finished my stocking and ran Ron out of the stockroom, he was doing change.  I managed to stack the new carts on top of the soda in our area, and then put my regular carts in the regular spot in front of that.  So I got it all to fit.  It was a little tricky, though, and I have doubts how I can do this on an ongoing basis, but hopefully they will come soon to take the old carts.  In the meantime, I will make it work. 

I just need to let Ron know not to move anything on his own, not that I think he would. 

We finished up and came home.  I took a nap.  I woke up with a headache and took something.  I got up, Ron wanted to go to Denny's. 

It was an OK trip but the store isn't very well run.  They are always out of vital things.  If I ran the deli like that Ron would have fired me.  I remember how angry he was one day when I ran out of pickles. 

We came home, same driver.  Ron got really drunk and then went to bed.  Happily, he did not scream at me when he "had" to go out and get more vodka from the garage.  Last time he was pretty awful. 

I plan to go to bed early.  I have to get up early for a visit with my doctor.  Then, later on, I have to give Ron his bath because he has an appointment for a liver/spleen ultrasound Wednesday. 

We also need to finish our accounting report and file it online.  So the next couple days will be busy. 

Oh, I'm tired.  I hope that thing lets me sleep tonight. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you call an exterminator. Clean your house for petes sake so you can find the possum and get rid of it. This is getting out of control. If you want another pet get another pet but stop with the possum.

Anonymous said...

Bad news Houston Heather Costco got rid of their hot dog and drink for a $1.50 deal.

Anonymous said...

I think you need to move that possum on down the line, he is way to comfortable there. He will also bring in fleas to your cats. Rabies are also a possibility. Life is full of challenges. Take care.

Heather Knits said...

Oh, I'm plotting to get rid of him. Exterminators are not cheap and Ron's and my medication is costing currently over $700 a month.

We go to Sam's, they have better vending inventory.

Taking the cats for shots and checkup on Thursday, $aved enough for that finally.

Anonymous said...

1. Possums do not carry rabies. Don't believe me, google it yourself.

2. I find it hard to believe that you are paying over $700 a month for medication with disability, etc. If you are you are getting hosed.

3. ALL pharmaceutical companies have programs where if you make a certain income you qualify for coupons and discounts that can bring your medication cost down significantly. You just have to call each manufacturer and ask them.

- If you are unable to make these calls yourself maybe your aunt or father could do this for you. Even your doctor should know about these programs and their billing people probably have details. Of course if you don't ask you don't get and no one offers to tell anyone anything that might help a person out.

- But remember these are the same people Heather who are praying for you. They are not doing anything to actually help you but they are sending prayers your way, so take comfort in that.

I may not believe in all your god nonsense but I try and offer you good information when I read things like above as I find action accomplishes a lot more than prayer.

Anonymous said...

Possums do carry rabies...my sister in law had to take shots for a bite. Any animal that can bite or get bitten, can harbor rabies and share it.