Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I'm with the Lord of Lords


2 Chronicles 15:15

New King James Version (NKJV)
15 And all Judah rejoiced at the oath, for they had sworn with all their heart and sought Him with all their soul; and He was found by them, and the Lord gave them rest all around.

I got these verses during my God time.  I have a Daily Bible, and a Daily Chronological Bible.  I got these from the first.  



2 Chronicles 16:9

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)
For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.



I believe God wants me to encourage people.  


Times are awful.  People are scared.  I have someone on Facebook putting up constant updates about the Mark of the Beast.  It "could" be coming next year!  It, or something very like it.  


It's scary.  It's scary to see the lousy economy, horrible sales, higher fees and expenses, natural disasters, and now this?  


What happens to people who say no?  Well, that's speculation.  I'm not going there. 


Do I, Heather, believe that we will see the mark of the beast, before the rapture?  No.  


But what if they bring it?  Well.  I'll say no.  See above paragraph.  You can imagine, it would be scary.  We are dependent on Ron's disability check, his government health care, and my medication!  That could all go away!  


It could.  I could get hit by a flaming meteor while I type, this, too.  [grin]  Nope, still typing.  


So, I don't worry.  I don't ALLOW myself to worry.  


See, worry is like other emotions.  I choose to get angry.  I choose to worry.  I can choose not to do either of these, too.  I can say "Nope, I'm with the Lord of Lords.  He's gotten me through hell before, and no matter what comes I know He's got my back.  My God is mighty to save, and He will."  


That's what I do.  Try it!  


If you have to, envision some horrid little rodent.  That's the worry.  Pick it up in your mental hands, stuff it in a box, and throw it off a bridge (all in your head of course).  There, it's gone.  If it tries to come crawling back (and worry can be insidious), do it again.  And again.  


You again?  WHACK.  Maybe you envision some kind of "whack-a-mole" setup.  


Don't let it rule you.  God's got us.  

No comments: