Saturday, July 7, 2012

Are you pregnant?

Some things, I think, can only end up in my blog.  Message board?  Nope.  Facebook?  Uh-uh.  It has to come here.

This morning, I woke up.  I felt fine, tired, but fine.  In fact, I was so tired I hit the snooze button a couple times and delayed my God Time for later.

I have had ZERO nausea since I started the Haldol.  I love the stuff, even if it wasn't an excellent "crazy pill" I would love it for that.  However, it cuts all the "noise", paranoia, and weirdness out of my head.

So, this morning, I took my shower, ate, and took my pills.  I know the food was OK.  Looking back, it's pretty obvious.

B-50
Two Milk Thistle Combination Tablets
Feverfew tablet (you can look those up and see the common uses)
Butterbur tablet
Multi vitamin
Folic acid
Lithium capsule *
Haldol Tablet *
Wellbutrin Tablet *

* [must take medication]

I had a whole handful.  I took them, and did my usual morning readiness stuff.  I got a bag because we were going to the warehouse.  I got dressed, and halfway through dressing I suddenly vomited!

I won't get into the details.   I didn't make a mess, but I need to leave my empty bucket in a better location.  What a vile, awful, experience.  Even the mouthwash couldn't cut the taste.

Ron, in his usual dour, morning, mood: How are you going to torture us today, God?

And there I am vomiting away.   Once I got it all out, I was fine.  In fact, I wasn't even queasy.  I'm such a trouper, I spat a few times and said "OK, I can work now."  [snort]

I debated re-taking everything but figured I'd better not, and I'm glad.  When I peed later, I could see I'd absorbed some of the B-vitamins.  I could tell the mood stabilizers were on board, too.

What happened?  God only knows.  I figure my body got tired of the vitamins.  Ron kept asking me if I was pregnant.

What?

Uh, he's fixed.  I'm only ever "with" him.  We've had relations for 20 years.  Boy, that sounds odd.  20 years of sex with my husband.  I probably went on a naughty list for typing that.  Anyway, I'm not pregnant.

LIke I said, I think my body just revolted.  I mean, it was a big handful of pills.  I HAVE to take 3.  I like to take another thing for migraine prevention.  But, for the short term, that's all I'll take.

I have a weekly pill box, morning and evening.  I need to "do it up".  When I do, just the basics.  Mood stuff and the migraine preventer (I'm taking 2, I'll alternate, and take one tablet, every other day.  Day A, Day B, Day A).

Ugh.  I don't want that again.  It was vile.  It was so weird, too, I just erupted.  No nausea.  Normally I get the usual, intense nausea, sweats, etc. before I actually vomit.  I checked myself out, no other symptoms, so I don't think I have anything to worry about.

I told him I could work, and I did:  I went off to the warehouse.  Got 10 cases of stuff, got it to work, stocked it.  Put Ron's drinks up in the fridge and freezer.  Stocked everything.  They look good.  Went to Starbucks after, ate lunch, took a whole day's supply of lithium (OK by Doc).  I don't mess with the lithium.

I'm not queasy or paranoid, so the Haldol must have gotten onboard, and I've been running depressed so I don't know about the Wellbutrin.

And, tomorrow, I'll have a much more modest handful of medication.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

B bits can make people vomit, even if younger used to them
Especially ifyou are doing your induction and in ketosis

Heather Knits said...

I agree, I think it was the B's. Ugh. I won't be taking them for a while!

I'm at prescriptions only this week. I may add a supplement or two next week.