Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Four chicken specials

I had a very interesting day.

I got up VERY early because the weather forecast had a lot of rain, severe thunderstorms, etc.  Generally speaking, unless we get a cold front, we get the storms in the afternoon.

Ron dropped me at a Starbucks and went home by himself, later, after we had coffee.  We had a good time.  I love quality time; it's my love language.

Afterward I went to get my "Where To Look In the New Testament" tracts printed.  I did, and the girl did a wonderful job.  [rolleyes]  You wouldn't believe some of the tracts I've gotten.  Untrimmed.  Dark.  Crooked.  Or, my favorite, the ones that had been cut into two tracts.

[Just now, I had a little fun teasing Ron.  He was sitting on the porch, petting the cat.  He called me to come out and admire the cat.  I went out.  "That's not Bubba!  It's some other cat!"  Ron had a good laugh.]

I was impressed; so I noted her name.  I also took a customer survey receipt.

As I walked down the road, I passed the lab test center.  I went in.  "Hello, I had a test a few months ago, and I never got the results."  I gave her the receipt and sat down.

I didn't want to loom over her, working on the phone.  I read a magazine.

I have a distinctive last name.  We'll use "Knits".  So, Heather Knits.  The first tech entered my name as Heather Klits.  Then the lab ran it as Heather Koeits.  The tech got the results and said "I need to see some ID before I give you this.  I have 3 different last names."  I handed it over, and she went OOOH. Yeah.  It's not that hard!

I had my results.  .3  Too low.  Agh.

After that, I went to the thrift store.  I want to find some cute tops for church.  I have capris, and broomstick skirts.  They are fine for my church.  But I wanted something a little dressier than a t-shirt but not a button-down blouse (which even I know is "bad" with knit capris or a broomstick skirt).

I found a couple of cute tunic tops.  Yay.  My aunt says a red top is OK for church.  What is your opinion?  It is a casual church, I see a lot of flip-flops and guys in twill shorts.

I had to wash the red top separately, and boy did it bleed.  So glad I have my bathroom sink.

The other two went in with some other things.

I ran over to the Bible Bookstore and gave them an update.  They were happy to hear things are going well.

I was pretty tired by now, but I thought, for fun, one last stop.  Ron's love language is primarily acts of service, with some gift-giving.  I knew he'd love it if I brought him some fried chicken.

Popeyes, in Houston, has a fried chicken special on Tuesday.  I asked Ron if he'd like a special or two. "Four" he said.  Oh, boy.

So, I rode over there and got FOUR fried chicken specials, plus one more, which I gave to someone.  They really liked it.

I got home before the rain (which never did arrive) and gave Ron his chicken.  He gorged himself for a while until I took it away.  He likes to gorge on food, and then moan afterward.  He's eating more, now.

The cat was all plump and cute in the bed, so we took a nap (with my levels so low, I need to increase my dose, doc says 4 a day - which will make me pretty groggy).  We had a nice nap and I got up.

The doorbell rang, and I got the equivalent of 3 cases of Bibles.  Even SPANISH!  I need Spanish.  I need everything.  Now I have them.  I'm really happy about that.

Now time to get out the church contact info stamp, tracts, and the "Where to Look"s I just printed.


No comments: