Friday, July 13, 2012

A black cat on Friday the 13th.

Today was another interesting day.

First of all, Friday the 13th.  Supposedly a "bad luck" day.  I woke up and my solid black cat came home.  Supposedly, he's a "bad luck" cat.  I even took a nap with Mr Kitty Cat today.

Obviously, I don't believe in luck.  I believe God arranges for things to happen.  For instance, our first driver couldn't make it, so I get another, and they need a Bible.

Or, what happened later, the paratransit company hired a regular cab, who was a Muslim.  We were able to share our faith; what he does is up to him.  It was all very friendly and civil.

I get so angry at Christians who think they need to "attack" Islam.  We don't need to do that.  We need to present the Gospel in a loving way, and pray for God to demolish any demonic strongholds.  Get them a Bible.  Let God do the rest.  It says in the Bible, "God draws people to Him" (John 6:44).  John 3:17 also says that Jesus did not come into the world to condemn it, but to save it.

Shouting at people, provoking them, that isn't evangelism.  I cannot find a single verse in the Bible stating we have to be ugly and hateful in order to share Him.  Being kind, loving, honest, and open with our faith; giving them material to study on their own.  That's what God has led ME to do.

We got up, went to work.  They are working on the sewer again today.  Ugh.  I will be happy when we get our sewer service back.

Sales were pretty bad.  I didn't get my whole pay.  But, that's OK.  Ron pays all the bills, my pay is really more of an "allowance".  I only have $40 a month I must pay, I also have some charity stuff but I don't see that as an obligation.  It's not huge, either.

I did what I could (boy, I need snacks).  I was curious to see how my "new" wedding ring would perform (I got it for $14 from Amazon).  It held up very well.  I like it a lot, and will enjoy wearing it until I can put my "old" ring on again.

When I can, I plan to move the "new" ring to my right hand.  It is very attractive and clearly not expensive.  I like that about titanium jewelry, I can evangelize "scary" people without worrying about getting robbed!

I handed out a lot of stuff today, that always makes me happy.  After work, we came home, and then went to the Post Office.

I have a friend in Georgia.  Her husband is very ill.  She wants to do some evangelism.  I made up an evangelism goody box, complete with order forms.

Ron took me to a fast food place near the Post Office, and ate while I ran the box over there.  I got it mailed and came back.  I had just enough time to eat before our ride came.

I would have handed out some materials to some gang members, standing out in front of the restaurant, but they got away while I was fishing some Driver Candy out of my backpack.

Jesus will catch up with them, sooner or later.  Maybe He'll use me, maybe not, but I was sure willing!


No comments: