Monday, July 23, 2012

Post-Handout Depression

I usually get a depression after the handout.  No, it's not a "let down".  It's a full blown, nasty, no-energy-to-shower depression.

Thank God the recipients don't see me like this!  I'm praying for them, intensely.

I always wonder, on a night like this, if my syntax and grammar make any sense to ya'll.  But, I type on, figuring you will at least get some of what I've got to say.

I overslept today: no God time, no time to shower.  Fortunately I can wash my hair every other day, if needed (I need to get it trimmed).  I cleaned up with a washcloth and got dressed.

Off to work.  Bad news from the other vendor, about fees due the state.  Nothing we can do about it, but discouraging and depressing all the same.  I think my pay cut just went permanent.

I took a pay cut on my last check, to buy inventory.  I want to do the whole martyr thing; woe is me.  But that's just petty.

It's kind of sad, my medication is finally in the right place and I could actually manage my money with diligence, but I'll have less.  Oh, well.  I'm just glad I did save up some for the siding.

Let's hope the donors keep up with the Bibles!

Soda 3 was down again. After getting the delivery, helping Ron, etc, I went to work on it.  I prayed on it, and figured out what to do, fixing it and ensuring it will vend properly with no error messages.  Basically, I can only fill each column about 1/3 of the capacity.

Ron and I have discussed moving it to a slower traffic area, and putting the "good" machine over there. It's got the capacity for some traffic.

Snacks looked fine.  I'm glad I did get the pay cut (how many times can I mention that?) to buy inventory.  It was the right call.

Ron cleaned the coffee machine.  Boy, do I need to wash his pants.

We had the same driver, twice today.  I liked him a lot, he's a very nice guy.

After work, we went to Walmart.  I needed to get some paint for the trim project (new trim around garage door, the old trim rotted after only 7 years).  I also needed some quick, low-carb things to eat.  I went with cottage cheese and whole-fat unsweetened greek yogurt.  I also got a few little things I needed and some soda.

Yeah, diet soda.  I am waking up with vicious headaches every day.  Every day.  If I don't immediately leap out of bed and take something, the headache escalates to low-migraine levels.  I can't live like that.

This all started, weeks ago, after I got rid of the soda.  So, I'm bringing it back to see if that helps.  I'm also trying to drink more water, etc.  I got some diet tea mix, too.  I like it.

It's funny, for me, a mania always came along with back-to-school.  I believe school starts in a few weeks, so the stores are full of spiral notebooks, pens, and art supplies.

I have always had a mania about this time of year.  Last year I went crazy buying colored pencils, notebooks, etc.  (back when I had more money! [sob]).  This year, I just got a few spiral bound index cards - I like them for writing meaningful verses and quotations.  I can carry them around in my backpack and read them when I'm waiting sometime.

The Bible says "Faith comes by hearing" but for me, it comes by reading.  I could afford that, at least.  I also got some pens.  I always need pens.

We got some deli lunches, ate them, and went home.  We both took a nap (wild party beasts!), I woke up around 4.  I finally got my God Time, and will probably go mow my very hairy yard.

I also need to pick up the front room.  It looks like a Bible Handout and grocery trip exploded up there.

No comments: