Monday, July 16, 2012

25%

I got a pay cut today.  25%.

It's not as grim as it might sound: Ron pays all the living expenses.  I only HAVE to pay $40 a month (but I do some charity stuff, too).

I can afford it.  I'll have to be careful, but I remember the Bad Old Days after Ron's accident, when I had $20 a month "fun money".  I had a lot of fun with it, too.

Ron tells people "We used to order 100 cases of soda a month.  Now we're getting 28."  Says it all, doesn't it?

My only condition, I would be happy to take the pay cut if the difference could go into snack machine inventory.  I was standing in front of a mostly-empty snack machine at the time.  Ron agreed.

So, tomorrow "My" $100 will buy chips, candy, cookies, pastry, and other inventory.

If sales pick up, I'm sure Ron will raise my pay again, too.  In the meantime, I'll have fun with my take-home, regardless.  Today I spent less than $15 at Walmart.

No comments: